ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Porsche 944

Anyone driven one? What are they like to drive/own?

Reliability issues are really worrying me, but I'll have a few grand to spare if I trade in my 172 Cup against one, so that won't be too bad.

Opinions?

C

clio172cup20

Fast - imho I didn't like it, my bro had one, took it out for a spin and the car always wanted to "go" you couldn't relax (but you might like a car like that...)
944s can't be driven slow hehe...

Clio 182
they're not unreliable cars, but if things do go wrong it really isn't cheap

make sure you get an S2, both versions of the 944 are looking dated now, but the S2 is considerably less so

Not driven a 944, but my dads 968 is a great car to drive, and they are very similar

T

thecremeegg

My mum had a 944 as a company car ages ago lol

(my helpful input)

Black Clio GT
same goes for most porsches, expensive to fix but pretty reliable and fun to drive.

be carfull cos there are some right dogs out there.

Classic Mini Cooper
Anyone driven one? What are they like to drive/own?

Reliability issues are really worrying me, but I'll have a few grand to spare if I trade in my 172 Cup against one, so that won't be too bad.

Opinions?
I'd buy a TVR S3 or TVR Wedge, much more fun, and the older ones are less expensive to work on etc, and there British!! Not always a good thing I know! But the wedges are good fun with Rover V8'S under the bonnet I think.:)

Jag Mondeo -Type
The tubro ones are supposed to be alright. The non-turbo 944 only have about 160bhp and heavy as. 172 quicker than N/A 2.5 944. Turbo however about 250bhp i think would be a different story