ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Portable Hard Drive troubles.

172, Tiguan
Wondering if anyone can help?

I've had a Samsung S2 320gb thing for about 18 months. It sat in the car for a month and went to plug it in the other day. The blue light on the drive illuminates and then nothing happens, but I can hear it spinning away. The drive doesn't appear in the My Computer window and I was getting a popup saying 'USB Device Not Recognised'. I've tried on two PC's and a laptop and it does the same. Only difference now is I don't get the 'Device not recognised' thing pop up anymore.

Any thoughts?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Might have gotten condensation in the car. Did you give it 30 minutes to warm up before plugging it in?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
^this is a good point, i destroyed my old phone my leaving it in the car over the winter

172, Tiguan
Yeah, it'd been in the office for 24hrs or so before I plugged it in. I wondered that though.

I've read about swapping the leads but as the light is coming up and something sounds like it's spinning round I thought it pointless, i've tried it anyway - no change.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Stash Drive?

Bugger if it is.

Try opening it up and putting it into one of those cheap caddy things, or try a shorter usb lead.

172, Tiguan
Caddy things?

No, not stash drive. It was the drive I used to take up and down the country with me. It's done about 40,000 miles via train, car, airplane and even Royal Mail trucks more than once when I forgot it! It's had a hard life but always worked fine until the other day.

It does have every Entourage Episode ever made on it though :(

172, Tiguan
I've no idea how that'll help, but for £5.70 delivered it's worth a shot. Gracias.