ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Portable power battery packs, for charging phones.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Anyone got any they re commend? Seen the power monkey looks expensive to me for what it is. I'm after one that can recharge and iPhone roughly 5 times.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I've got a pebble but only does 2 charges. I'm sure you can buy a bigger capacity

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I bought one from argos a couple of years ago as I needed one there and then, and its been great.

Not sure it can manage as much as 5 charges on an iphone though, probably only 2 or 3 I would think.

IIRC an Iphone5 battery is about 1,400Mah?

So you are going to need one that is about 7,000Mah at the same voltage, and in fact you will need to add a bit to that as they are of course not 100% efficient, so I would be looking for a 10,000Mah one to be really confident it could do what you want.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I've got a little solar charger that also has a battery built in (holds enough for a couple of charges) and you can leave it int he car window etc to recharge without having to leave it atached to your phone. Paid about £12 from Lidl!

182 FF RB ;)
Got a iPhone 5 battery case from amazon for 20, it's compact and protects your phone giving it around 3/4 fill charges

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
True, but really not arsed, it will be used out in the field and probably get dirty anyway, so will be fine, Those Anker ones do look like quality bits of kit though.