ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible bent calliper carriers?

RenaultSport 172
is it possible?

My 172 failed its MOT on the Front brakes binding, now I've had my callipers taken apart cleaned up and put back together by God-Speed. Filed my pads down slightly as they were quite tight and ive put it all back together and it's still a struggle to spin the discs by hand.

Any ideas? Also the sliders on the carriers are all free and moving.

Renault clio sport 172
Have the checked if the pistons are siezed or tight? And did the disc turn ok when the caliper and pads were off the car?

Stripped yozza'd cup
If they've already been rebuilt by Godspeed, I'd go out and drive for a while. Use the brakes a bit, brake hard a few times, then let them cool and see if they're better. Not uncommon for brakes to bind a little bit once they've just been pit back together. Mine did.

RenaultSport 172
As said the calipers were taken apart by Godspeed and he said they were ok and not that siezed. discs were fitted about 6-7 weeks ago.
I think I'll take it for a spin tomorrow and see what happens.

renaultsport clio172
just a thought, is the brake fluid over filled? if it is it wont allow pistons to go back fully coz theres to much fluid.