ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible carjacking...

On saturday night about 7pm i noticed four lads sat in an old rover outside my house right up behind my car, when i went to go out at 7.30pm they were still there dozing off. I looked at them and they seemed so dodgy, i moved off and oh guess what so did they!!! They stayed about 30ft behind me just with sidelights on going real slow, the first 4 or so turns i did, they did!

I said to my bro im sure these are following us, so i made a few more turns out of my way and back on myself and so did they!! So it became quite clear what they were doing, as you cant get my car from breaking in the house and getting the keys as there is always a car behind it in the drive. They obviously wanted to get me at my destination or at a junction!

I got to a four lane bit in my area and right at the last second i cut across all 4 lanes down a side street, they tried and couldnt do it and had to carry on but all looked over at me. I have reported it to the police and they said you have to be careful with these carjackers as they have all kinds of weapons and just to call the police if i see them outside again!

It has just scared me a little and made me think is it really worth it, and made me seriously consider getting rid!!!

Not a Clio

maybe they were hoping for some dogging action ;)

Seriously that is worrying, its one thing following you but another when they know where you live.

don't

how long had they been waiting outside mate

seriously dodgy, with what police said, just ring them before going out, not worth the risk, chances are they are p!ssed off now and will be back, but maybe wait down the road for you or something

seems alot of effort 2 steal ur car though, be careful, have ur mob on u at all times etc

Brown pants?

In addition to what the BBC recommend to carry in your car, i would suggest also a camera and a shotgun.

Where about do you live?

-Rob

It jst pi55es me off as i love the car so much! Im not going to ever put up fight with someone who wants it, its just not worth it. I know of a few carjackings in the area where the person has been hit in the head with a wrench or something for cars such as an st170 and a bmw. I hope if someone got old of it there not use to the power and drive straight into a wall!!! And a breaking of the legs was involved!!

As i wouldnt want the car back after some piece of scum had been in it!!!

I live in manchester

I carry a stearing lock in the car on the passenger seat....makes a very useful dtereent, esp if you get out clutching it

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 21 February 2005
I carry a stearing lock in the car on the passenger seat....makes a very useful dtereent, esp if you get out clutching it

One bloke with a steering locks verses 4 fcuked up blokes with knifes and bats... Er yeah sensible!!

Burgandy 174 sport t

arrange for your mates to all be at a place one night and hope they follow you to where they cant get out then kick the fu**in sh*t out of them

after i got run off the road a few months back.... i went out and bought a fooking big maglite. I doubt if ill ever have the balls to use it as a weapon, but it makes me feel safer :)

As Griff says, what happens if you hit one of them and the other three deck you! Or you get nervous and grab it off you...youd be well and truly done for.

Same with Iains comment, if they know where you live, surely theyll just kill you another day?!

Its defo best to just give it up, failing the shotgun of course, complete with manic laughing and dancing around like an oompaloompah.

-Rob

personally i think if somebody wanted my car they could have it. Its insured and i can get a new one ;) But if i die trying to be a hero i dont think the missis would be able to replace me quite so easily, but then again lol anyway you get my point.

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 21 February 2005

As Griff says, what happens if you hit one of them and the other three deck you! Or you get nervous and grab it off you...youd be well and truly done for.

Same with Iains comment, if they know where you live, surely theyll just kill you another day?!

Its defo best to just give it up, failing the shotgun of course, complete with manic laughing and dancing around like an oompaloompah.

-Rob
Kill me another day? Thank you make me even more worried LOL!!

I always remember when i was younger my dad got into abit of road rage with some taxi driver and the taxi driver got out and came over to my dads window and punched him in the face, my dad calmly got out and walked round to the back of the car ( taxi driver was just in abit of shock of how calm my dad was being just saying what are you doing? what are you doing? as he walked to the back) my dad got his jack out and just hit him clean in the face and broke the taxi drivers nose

And the taxi driver got done by the police as he was a known for his violence and had other convictions!! And i always think its something id love to do if someone tried to get my car of me!! ha ha

Ziel Nurburgring

-Rob
A la Brad pitt in fight club when Lou the owner of the bar finds out about the club and beats the sh*t out of him.

Quote: Originally posted by jonny on 21 February 2005

-Rob
Kill me another day? Thank you make me even more worried LOL!!

I always remember when i was younger my dad got into abit of road rage with some taxi driver and the taxi driver got out and came over to my dads window and punched him in the face, my dad calmly got out and walked round to the back of the car ( taxi driver was just in abit of shock of how calm my dad was being just saying what are you doing? what are you doing? as he walked to the back) my dad got his jack out and just hit him clean in the face and broke the taxi drivers nose

And the taxi driver got done by the police as he was a known for his violence and had other convictions!! And i always think its something id love to do if someone tried to get my car of me!! ha ha

Problem is most of them carry firearms nowadays and wouldnt think twice about useing them, And if someone is pointing a gun in your face there isnt much you can do.

I knew there was a reason I always get a hire car when I go to our site in Manchester.

Can only echo what people on here have said, unless you are totally proficient (sp?) in using your weapon of choice then I wouldn strongly recommend that you dont carry it, as 9/10 it will be used against you as the person trying to nick your car will probably be more willing to use it than you.

ClioSport 182

In addition to what the BBC recommend to carry in your car, i would suggest also a camera and a shotgun.
Just out of interest what do the BBC recommend to car in your car?

KnightAzul

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 21 February 2005

I knew there was a reason I always get a hire car when I go to our site in Manchester.

Can only echo what people on here have said, unless you are totally proficient (sp?) in using your weapon of choice then I wouldn strongly recommend that you dont carry it, as 9/10 it will be used against you as the person trying to nick your car will probably be more willing to use it than you.
I think time to start looking for another car!!! If you have heard more than one story about the manchester area maybe a nice Audi diesel

Ziel Nurburgring

Mates bro lives in Manc, he had a highly tuned imprezza that looked the nuts, used to get tailed all the time. Always ended up going on massive detours to avoid being followed home.

Thing is, if they tap on the window with a gun/knife/pengiun then id just let them take the car. Its insured, rather they take that than my life.

The only real way to stop it happening to you again, or to someone else, is to get them caught by the Police.

Getting into a messy and violent conflict with four people who are not motivated in any way to make sure you come out ok is not a good idea. Just be vigilant and phone the Police even if you suspect theyre there.

This isnt the same as giving a random vandal a kicking - youre dealing with what sound like people who make a living from crime.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Ben H is right.

These lads dont sound like the type that just randomly think - I know, lets try and nick a car for fun. Theyve probably got tabs on something like a Cup and are stealing to order. The fact that there are four of them, kind of backs up how serious they may be. And the classic disguise of an old Rover is dodgy too. Most people on here would know it to be a Rover and would probably make a decent guess to the model etc. Whats the general publics view of such a car. "Errrr, well it had 4 wheels" - making the lads much more diffcult to track down.

I live on the outskirts of Bury, so Im not too far away from yourself. Id stagger your times when you leave/return to the house and approach it from different ways, if possible, see if they still follow you then. Also get a camcorder setup on time-lapse - seems extreme but if they can see a camera up in one of you windows, it may make them think twice...

On a lighter note, when we used to live in Heywood, I had the next door neighbour tell me one morning that a group of lads had pulled up behind my Punto GTt in a black Beemer around 3.30am. Shes on earlys so was up at that time and noticed that they switched their lights off and approached really quietly. By the time she went upstairs to look further, they were setting off.

The following night, it got to the similar time and me being the saddo that I am, recognised the sound of a Beemer coming up the street. I looked out of the curtains and sure enough, this black 3-series pulled up behind my car with 3 blokes in it. Thinking what was going to happen next, I was relieved to see the front door of the house two doors down open and the bloke walk up the Beemer and get in. Turned out that hed switched shifts at work and was getting a lift into work from his mates. And with the Beemer being slightly fettled, he had asked his mate, the driver, to approach quietly so as not to wake the neighbours up!

Kind of funny in retrospect - but I know how dodgy you must feel jonny...

Best of luck m8.

D.

er, buy a Blackjack alarm perhaps?

Once the door is opened you have 15 seconds to key in the code or the engine dies.

They get you out, you grab your mobile, start running while dialing 999 then wait for the car to die on them. Should mean you get to keep the car as well as your body parts intact! Though waiting outside your house is a bit dodgy... :confused:

I guess you could always get one of those smoke alarms fitted as well, where they fill the inside with smoke, except you could accidently put a canister of CS in instead of smoke ;) :devilish:

you can get a 900,000 volt stun gun off ebay for bout £50 that will deter as well as spackerise them for 15 mins. thats what i carry, LOL. My big mate sed ah it wont f**k them up so he sed zap me, so i zapped him in the gut and guess wot, he dropped and it took him 10 mins just to get control of his arms and legs, was scary coz all he cud move was his eyes as i moved around him!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

that sounds scary as sh*t, touchwood i have never had this problem, probably because i live in the countryside,stories like this just put me off totally of living in the city

Quote: Originally posted by HazzyP on 21 February 2005

you can get a 900,000 volt stun gun off ebay for bout £50 that will deter as well as spackerise them for 15 mins. thats what i carry, LOL. My big mate sed ah it wont f**k them up so he sed zap me, so i zapped him in the gut and guess wot, he dropped and it took him 10 mins just to get control of his arms and legs, was scary coz all he cud move was his eyes as i moved around him! <SCRIPT language=javascript>
LOL!!!! This did cheer me up a bit, i wouldnt mind one of them to try out my mates

Clio 197

Very scaaary...

Buy a cheapo mobile phone, keep it in the glove box so that you are never a call away from the police. Sods law one day you leave it at home, and need it!

If you see them again, drive with your hazards on, and constantly honk your horn (people will look and remember). This will help police to make witness appeals, etc... Take them into a petrol station (because there are derfinitely cameraas), get out and run into the shop. Talk to a member of staff and point at them.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650

Quote: Originally posted by jonny on 21 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by HazzyP on 21 February 2005

you can get a 900,000 volt stun gun off ebay for bout £50 that will deter as well as spackerise them for 15 mins. thats what i carry, LOL. My big mate sed ah it wont f**k them up so he sed zap me, so i zapped him in the gut and guess wot, he dropped and it took him 10 mins just to get control of his arms and legs, was scary coz all he cud move was his eyes as i moved around him! <SCRIPT language=javascript>
LOL!!!! This did cheer me up a bit, i wouldnt mind one of them to try out my mates
Spakerise!? Lol

My mates got one of those, and did it through my shoe, and it still floored me!!! Bloody lethal!

Arent they illegal tho?

Been looking at other cars today on the auto trader site but just cant seem to see anything for around the same money that is anywhere near as appealing as my cup!!!

172 GTR

My mate had his his M3 stolen at gunpoint! If this happens do not risk it. Just hand over the keys. life is too short!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Sounds bad that mate but if you were gonna do the car jacking thing would you not car jack a car that was worth 20,30,40K rather than 10?

Sounds dodgy anyway - buy a shooter yourself.

Vee dub

Jonny, mate i realise this is a very very bad situation that you COULD be in, but i really wouldnt sell your Cup because of it.

Does seem dodgy mate, but I wouldnt let a few scum bags sell up your car. Just be vigilant and phone the polics if you ever see them again. They may back off he they realise you are on to em.

We cant lets these scum bags control our lifes!