ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Clutch Issue (video inside)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
so the below video, sorry its not very good.

in 4th gear, put your foot flat on the floor and the revs go up and then its almost like the clutch bites and they drop then the car starts to go faster.
I don't have any issues changing gear, but put your foot just a mm on the clutch pedal and its slipping.
do I need a new clutch? :(

you can see in the first few seconds, revs go up very quickly to 3400 revs, then they stop and drop a little. my foot hasn't moved off the acc.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
As above.

Probably a few hundred on these? Never had to do mine so don't have an exact value but they aren't overly complex.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
With careful driving you can make a slipping clutch last a while. Main thing is don't let it slip! The more it slips the worse it'll get. Full throttle in a high gear is the worst case for a clutch, use a lower gear and part throttle to get your acceleration rather than nailing it in 5th.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ill have to start looking into where I can get it done and start saving my pennies