ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Clutch Issue?

RB 182
Anyone have an idea on whether the following problem may be down to my clutch?
Every morning I set off for work I find it really difficult to select first gear, it goes in but needs a serious amount of force. It seems to get easier as the car warms up for some reason.
Also, sometimes the gear change can be very abrupt, this could be down to my lazy foot :eek:
When I first got the car (mid-december) on the journey home I got stuck in traffic and found it to smell quite a bit, I must admit that I found it difficult to get used to as well but after reading various threads, thought that this was common for a clio clutch (the biting point being high).

I've checked the part-history and can't see any evidence of the clutch being changed, it is currently at 90k miles and i'm starting to wonder whether the car I bought was due jobs like this (2nd cambelt change due also) and was the reason for selling.

Is this a clutch issue and if not would it harm to change it from what I've described?

182cup & 172 racecar
Cheapest 1st, change the box oil just see if this make any difference. But does sound like clutch or box.

RB 182
Was thinking of doing the box oil first.
Forgot to mention in my first post that on start up from cold there is a slight whine, this goes when I press the clutch pedal but comes back when I release it. It doesn't whine when the car is warm.