ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible dumb question about rs tuners

clio mk2 ph1 172
this may b a really silly question but is it possible for say someone on here with an rs tuner with pops n bags map to put it on someone else's car for a bit of cash in hand or are the tuners specifically set for 1 car? I'd only want the map just put on and seems like such a pain having to buy a tuner just for one map to be put on.

also is there a map out there which would work well with a wet nitrous setup?

​thanks in advance : )

They are locked to the VIN of the car.

you would need to pay for an unlock code and the map, and tehn buy a 2nd hand tuner, you can then always sell the tuner on a recoup that cost.

clio mk2 ph1 172
ah right, if that's the case by the time I've payed out for a used tuner, unlocking and the new map I'm prob looking at around £300! lol lot of cash for some pops and bags! might give that a miss then lol

Say roughly:

£45 for the Pop and bang map
£85 for Unlock licence for the Tuner.
~£100 for the RS tuner 2nd hand

or

It's around £170-200 for the RS tuner from new, when they have them in stock.
It comes with a normal 98RON map for the car (still 45 quid for the over-run pop map)

So 2nd hand or new- all around the same price. Plus it doubles as an EXTREMELY handy code reader etc. assuming you don't sell it on.
Plus you can map and remap your own car at will.

pros and cons mate

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you are running wet nitrous, you should ask fastchips for a 98 ron pops and bangs map with a couple of degrees of timing pulled out.

They will do it for you as a custom map I believe (dont know as never needed to myself) for about 100 quid or so.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ps

If you are from huntingdon do you know James Middleton?

He's a good person to talk to about wet nitrous.

clio mk2 ph1 172
cheers dude, nah i dont know the name,is he on here? the nitrous is all good while your on it but the car jus feels a bit strange when you let of the button, almost like theres just not quite enough fuel going through for 30secs or so after