ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible exhaust problems

Clio 200
Hi I'm new to the forum so sorry I've posted in the wrong place!

Straight to the point! I've got a 2011 Clio 200. Started sounding 'rough' then a few days later sounded like the exhaust had gone. Had a mechanic look at it who has said 'the flexi pipe between the manifold and exhaust has gone'. He went away and phoned me quoting £800 for the part from Renault. Custom made on a 3 week wait.

I don't know much about cars but a quick google search made me feel im being taken for a ride. He couldn't give me a part number from Renault but did say he could 'make' me the part but would have to take my engine out so couldn't quote me a price.

Now I've used the same mechanic for years and he usually undercuts mainstream garage prices but at least 40% so I don't want to believe he is trying to pull a fast one but I don't know much about the mechanics of cars to know any different.

Thinking about taking it somewhere else to get a second opinion.

What's you opinion?