ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible fueling issue?

Honda & VW
Recently mentioned that my car does not always start first time and often i need to give the throttle a bit of pumping to get it to fire up.

This is not all the time but only ever happens when left parked up over night.

It got MOT'd last week and didn't do too well on the emmisions.

i'm starting to wonder if something may be up with the fueling?

I can hear the fuel pump sound when starting incase anyone asks.

thoughts?

PH1 172 Sport
Could be the O-Ring on the fuel pipe that connects to the fuel rail. Mine was leaking and was hard to start in the morning as all the fuel pressure had been lost.

Honda & VW
Can someone shed some light on this, is it something i can go and check on my lunch by just pocking my head in

Honda & VW
Cheers jayjetski

The plot thickens now....

Yesterday morning after leaving my house on the way to Castle Combe i started heading up a hill about a mile up the road.

I was in 4th heading up it when all of a sudden the car juddered, felt like i had just ran out of fuel (not that i've ever experienced that) and the throttle was barely doing anything so i couldn't control the power.

i dropped into 3rd and tried to carry on but it there was no change, it was only when i put it down into 2nd (by this point i had slowed quite an amount) and put my foot down that the juddering cleared and all power etc was regained.

it worried me for a minute as i though i was going to conk out on the hill.