ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Gearbox issue

Ph1 Clio 172
Hi guys, been having troubles with the clio in recent times and ive been getting told different things as to whats wrong with it, so looking for some advice or experiences before i start going crazy buying new parts. Been getting crazy vibrations from the front end of my car, some have said my driveshafts need replaces and some have said it could possibly be my gear box, its never gotten any morse over the time ive had it and tbh ive never really given the car an easy time. its currently off the road atm so taking this time to find out its problems and get them all fixed before it see the black stuff again. any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Hi guys, been having troubles with the clio in recent times and ive been getting told different things as to whats wrong with it, so looking for some advice or experiences before i start going crazy buying new parts. Been getting crazy vibrations from the front end of my car, some have said my driveshafts need replaces and some have said it could possibly be my gear box, its never gotten any morse over the time ive had it and tbh ive never really given the car an easy time. its currently off the road atm so taking this time to find out its problems and get them all fixed before it see the black stuff again. any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Without experiencing its hard to say !! best thing do is take it a garage get it looked at unless you know a thing or two about cars , if so get under and have a good tug at the drive shafts check for play in the CV joints on lock! check they look straight (although its hard to tell unless they are banana'd)

Personally if the gear box selects gears and drives okay i cant see it being that , drive it at the vibration speed in gear the pop it in to neutral at roll at the same speed, if the vibration goes, maybe the box!
Should be able get a set of shafts on hear cheap !
Is it defiantly drivetrain related ? ie not engine mis firing ? or possibly knackered wheel bearing causeing it ?

Hope this helps somewhat !!

Ph1 Clio 172
Not a massive expert on the drivetrain side of things to do with cars, cant tell if the driveshafts are away or not. Problem is with taking it to a garage is the car is bit just now while i fix other problems and was gonna do this at the same time if that makes sense. it goes into gears fine and seams to drive perfect apart from the vibration, if im sitting at 70mph on the motor way and its in gear but not touching the accelerator its fine, but if im lightly touching the accelerator its fine aswell but appears when i put the pedal down further which is telling me its gearbox related. but as i say im not an expert. the engine runs great and theres no wheels bearings away.

Ph1 Clio 172
Yea that's pretty much what happens. It's orite if I'm sitting still and I rev it. But saying that while I was stripping it down to do the drive belt I found out the engine mount on the drivers side is in two bits. But feels more serious. Tho I'll try replacing that and see what happens. Cheers for the replys