ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Misfire, help required.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Hello,

Just recently I have noticed that my 182 is very jumpy when driving, especially when at low speeds, its very 'kangerooy' and doesn't feel smooth to drive. A week or two ago It has sometimes lost almost all power when driving, feels almost 'stuck' and the exhuast pops and sputters, even with my foot flat the floor it doesn't help, then it will suddenly kick in, this happened the other night and I let it sit on idle which was extremely lumpy, it then corrected itself and was fine?

I replaced the spark plugs a couple of months ago and was fine, I have since had it remapped using a RStuner and have it running the pops and bangs map. My emissions light it on, but I'm decatted and it has been on before this occured.

Any ideas on what should be my next step?

Regards,
Mark

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Throttle position sensor? Throttle body itself? o2 sensor? Lambda sensor?

I'm just banding ideas about here.

I'm guessing i'd be best getting it looked at properly rather than just guessing myself?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
As said if you get it scanned, either by someone on here or by a garage, then it should lead you much further towards the fault.

I'll plug it into my RStuner software In abit and take a look at the codes I think.

I purposely fitted a duff pre cat sensor a few weeks ago to see what it does. And the symptoms was exactly the same as you described in the first post.

Yep i was bored so i fitted the duff one lol:eek:

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I purposely fitted a duff pre cat sensor a few weeks ago to see what it does. And the symptoms was exactly the same as you described in the first post.

Yep i was bored so i fitted the duff one lol:eek:

Might it be worth me swapping my sensors around??

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Following fault is showing.....'front o2 sensor heater fault'
Assuming I need a new pre cat sensor then?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Yep, was just about to suggest that when reading through. Front sensor is knacked.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Any tips on getting it out?! Been under the car half an hours now and covered it in Wd but the b*****d won't move :(

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Borrowed my plumbers blow torch and swapped my not used sensor from my decat with the precat and it's now running fine! :)