ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible UCH fault?

Clio 182
Hello guy's I've experienced a huge problem, Last week I was driving for a good hour and half and on my way home my car electrics cut out and it would not start back up. I called AA out and they messed with the cables which goto the UCH. He said it was a lose cable and after that it fired up.

2 days later I went to local asda and when I came to going back home I could smell some sort of electrics burnt out coming from fuse box.

I checked all fuses and there all okay however the car immobiliser light flashes red constantly and it will not fire up, the inside door locks wont work and nor will the hazards, the drivers side window wont open or close either but the central locking works and so does the lights.

Do you think something has shorted out in the UCH? Possible fault?

​Thanks lads

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Pull the UCH down, disconnect it, open it up and look for burnt bits.

Clio 182
Photo on 2013-09-06 at 08.50 #2.jpg

Just a quick update, UCH out and found this burnt out chip.

Clio 182
Is this whats causing the lights to come on when I open boot and no hazards working and wipers going etc? lol plus it wont start up