ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible virus

right i have something that av antivirus keeps coming up with,yet i delete it everytime but it returns :mad:

file name is C:/WINDOWS/acledit32.dll

anyone know of this particular file being a b*****d?also any other ways to remove it?

Megane 230 R26
A quick Google seems to suggest it's Malware, have you actually run any scanning tools etc or just tried to remove it yourself? It may be getting replaced by System Restore, try turning it off, deleting, rebooting and turning it back on to see if that's the case. A lot of malware nowadays actually tricks System Restore into backing up a copy of it :S

I'd recommend scanning the PC using at least:

Spybot - Search & Destroy

Ad-Aware

...and a virus scanner of your choice. If you don't have one then I highly recommend installing AVG Free.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions then ask away :)

i have avg and av but when it finds it i get it to remove it but it then reinstalls like you say,will try one of the above and then let you know

noodle i have got avg av and adaware now,have done a scan with all of them and they all came up with that one but wouldnt remove it :mad:

deleted it manually then searched for any other files with the same filename and deleted them too and it seems to have sorted it now ta :)