ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possibly buying an RS200, what to look for?

Mercedes SLK350
Been away from the forum for some time, so hi all.
I'm looking to buy an RS200 Clio. I have previously had 1 X 172 and 2 X 182s. I have no experience with the RS200 and don't really know what to look for. My questions are as follows.

1, How do I know a car I'm looking at is a 200 and not a late 197?
2, How do I tell the difference between a cup suspension and non cup suspension?
3, What are the must have options?
4, What servicing should have been done, belts etc?
5, Are there any issues/faults I should be aware of?
6, What should I be paying for a 10/11 plate car with low miles?

Anything I have missed, Please let me know, thanks for any input

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
1) Front end is different easy to tell
2) Cup suspension- is Red calipers & stiffer set up- be careful of people who have sprayed the calipers red ( not many have to be fair)
Standard susp has silver calipers.
3) Recaros, Cup chassis & speedlines as a min.
4) Service is 12k or 2 years.
5) Belts 5 years ideally
6) for all of the above 8500-9k private up to 10k dealer.

S

Mercedes SLK350
Just got back from sitting in a 59 plate RS200 with cup suspension and Recaros.
I'm not exactly small, the seats felt ok once you were seated, they felt a little flimsy, but my main issue was getting in and out, the seat base moulding was pressing into the back of my leg. I would most certainly wear out the upholstery if not bend/break the seat base side. I think the standard seats would be better for me.

Suzuki Jimny
Climb over the bolster!

Sounds like you'd be better off with the standard ones tbh, did you test drive it?

Mercedes SLK350
Did not test drive it, was really testing the seats.
Got to say, really liked the car with white paint and rear spoiler.

It would be nice to know what the standard spec of the car is and what has been added with options.

LY 200 EDC LUX
Have you got a pic mate? We could probably tell you what's been spec'd or added from a couple of photos

Be aware that the Cup suspension is hard. Very hard. Fantastic handling, but on really bumpy roads it can slow your progress or put you in a hedge.