ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Post your clio with 15"s on

Suzuki Ignis Sport
P8291254.jpg

Lowered 40mm with Apex Springs...

Ph1
This may sound stupid, but why 15's and slammed' to the floor?

Back in the day it used to be fit the biggest wheel you could get in the arches but over time folk realised that apart from looks, they slow the car down, cost more for tyres, make it handle like a dog and can put strain on the suspension components.

With the right choice of 15'' wheel you can have all the advantages and the looks!

Big wheels have had their day, R.I.P big wheels :cool:

Best looking wheels for a Clio are the 2118's imo - down side is the weight of them. They do slow acceleration down from my experience on the ph1 172. Ph2 / 182's will be different because in stock trim they run heavier 16's

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I love my 15"s, saved 12kg over the normal 182 wheels to.

vers le haut doigt milieu
we not worried about lat G force on the tirewalls anymore, or is it worth streatching the tires? Whats the width on the 2118's and is increasing the width gonna help the handeling?

This may sound stupid, but why 15's and slammed' to the floor?

Back in the day it used to be fit the biggest wheel you could get in the arches but over time folk realised that apart from looks, they slow the car down, cost more for tyres, make it handle like a dog and can put strain on the suspension components.

With the right choice of 15'' wheel you can have all the advantages and the looks!

Big wheels have had their day, R.I.P big wheels :cool:

Best looking wheels for a Clio are the 2118's imo - down side is the weight of them. They do slow acceleration down from my experience on the ph1 172. Ph2 / 182's will be different because in stock trim they run heavier 16's

well said

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
Pics are old so its not as tatty now but you get the idea
I even managed to get it lower! (not for long tho)

Attachments

• 16052008107mc6_th.jpg
    16052008107mc6_th.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 270