ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Post your mk2 clio lowerd 60mm please!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
just bought some apex 60mm lowrering springs as i wanted to go lower than 30mm which i currently have, pictures of urs would be good please!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
uhhhh yea i will at some point, cant be assed rite now, gunna have dads laguna at some point

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Mine.

60mm ish.

DSC_0014-3.jpg

alien green rs133
i want mine that low but does the car not constantly bottom out?

i like to drive mine not just potter about :p

atm im running eibach pro?? the 15mm ones :D and i have to have them rubber caravan spring helps in the back to stop its bump stopping, also stiffens back end up :D

Titanium 182
If your talking to me ? It never bottomed out whilst i had the springs on, Iv sold them now.

I drove/drive mine properly dont worry about that ;) i just tried to avoid speedbumps.

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
just bought some apex 60mm lowrering springs as i wanted to go lower than 30mm which i currently have, pictures of urs would be good please!

60mm?!?!?.... Doesn't that absolutely kill the ride comfort?
Also, clios knock on full lock, doesn't that make it worse?!...
How much does lowering set you back, if you want to do a proper job?...

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

springs cost me £40 deliverd, mine doesnt knock at all and shes lowerd 30mm atm, 60mm wont hurt

Ian

Focus TDCi

If they do knock a set of spacers usually helps things. Reducing the amount the springs can travel will of course make things a bit harsher but you have to bear in mind that the springs will be higher quality in the first place compared to standard Renault springs and shocks. Most people say that a 40mm drop on Eibach springs alone will improve the ride.

Clio on SL 2118s

springs cost me £40 deliverd, mine doesnt knock at all and shes lowerd 30mm atm, 60mm wont hurt

was that £40 new or used?
i have been looking at lowering mine over the summer....
but havent got the funds to fork out £100.
thanks

Static Low

Properly with say.. a spring & shock kit BRAND NEW = £275 thats with VAT included. On top of that you have labour costs. Mines cost £120 but i believe it should cost alot more than that. :)

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF

Properly with say.. a spring & shock kit BRAND NEW = £275 thats with VAT included. On top of that you have labour costs. Mines cost £120 but i believe it should cost alot more than that. :)

Did you do it yourself then? Or just know a man who can?!....

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF

If they do knock a set of spacers usually helps things. Reducing the amount the springs can travel will of course make things a bit harsher but you have to bear in mind that the springs will be higher quality in the first place compared to standard Renault springs and shocks. Most people say that a 40mm drop on Eibach springs alone will improve the ride.

Mine has knocked ever since we took if off forecourt, when on full lock... very annoying. So what do spacers actually do? Sorry, i'm a know-nothing i'm afraid! :S

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF

Just worried, the car has enough rattles in the back as it is, lowering and firming will make it even worse i'd imagine!....

Ian

Focus TDCi
Mine has knocked ever since we took if off forecourt, when on full lock... very annoying. So what do spacers actually do? Sorry, i'm a know-nothing i'm afraid! :S

Just worried, the car has enough rattles in the back as it is, lowering and firming will make it even worse i'd imagine!....

Well I'm no expert either, not having done either myself, yet! However if your wheels were knocking as standard that does sound a bit odd!

Spacers basically add a bit of extra distance between the hub/suspension and the wheel. It changes the positioning of the wheel within the arch and given the right setup can stop knocking. It's always going to be down to a combination of the suspension height, alloy size, alloy width, tyre sidewall depth etc.

I'd get your car checked out if you're that worried, but there are so many examples of people on CS having put a set of 40mm on that there's nothing to worry about. Fewer people have done a 60mm drop, but that's probably mainly because Eibach don't do a 60mm spring and everyone tends to trust them! Personally from what I've read if I were to go for a 60mm drop I'd use coilovers, as the 60mm springs tend to wear out the shocks if they're left as standard. Plus coilovers are much more adaptable, because you can adjust the drop on them. Kinda hefty price-wise though!

Hope what I've written is a) accurate and b) makes sense lol.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
mines lowered 60mm on springs and it doesnt rub atall even on full lock or with a full car. only time ive experienced rubbing is when doing handbrake turns on a field!