ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Potential Magazine Cars

Clio Sport 172
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone here has a car they think might be worthy of a magazine feature? Obviously would need to be one that hasn't been featured before. Post here or drop me a pm if you think you have. Cheers guys

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not me :p To many dents, got my old Fiesta Zetec-S with a FRP engine featured though, was a piece of piss, just took Performance Ford about 4 months to get back to me after I first emailed them!!

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone here has a car they think might be worthy of a magazine feature? Obviously would need to be one that hasn't been featured before. Post here or drop me a pm if you think you have. Cheers guys
Not me as mines standard. What mag are you from ??

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
depends what mag doesnt it really, id say non of the cars on here are max power material etc, yet many have been in pfc

as everyone else says really, depends on the mag and the criteria. Is it kitted cars, aesthetics etc, or are you looking for well setup and spec'd cars?

Depending on the mag I'd possibly have mine featured once the new ITB's are on.

williams and trophy
as above really. would depend on the mag.

if you ever want a williams 1, either mint std or stripped/tuned...let me know ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
so what relation are you to the mag, just seems a bit on an unorthidox way to go about things

williams and trophy
Max power 2 live

hm... i spose i could raid my sons toybox and glue all the plastic bits to the car, pull the engine out, fit a hamster wheel, get some 20s and i reckon 4x 8 inch zorsts shud do it.

might be max shower ready then

...depends on the mag...

I'll have to quote myself here, as Max Power, Redline etc have zero credibility and I dont think I'd ever live it down... I'd have to change name, move house, have surgery just to protect my identity... who would pay for this?

In short, not even if you paid me, sorry, but I hate Max Power and everything it stands for.

williams and trophy
tbf mate....pgti or woteva its called, and most others arent exactly much diff now.

better...but not much diff

I've bought the last two editions of Redline now it's been re vamped, I was surprised - it's not a chavved up mag anymore, it actually has sensible things & comments in it :approve:

As for Lax power, there aren't that many bodykitted 1.2 clios on here tbh (correct me if i'm wrong, but thats all it is in the mag, all show & no go :rolleyes: )

black gold 182
...depends on the mag...

I'll have to quote myself here, as Max Power, Redline etc have zero credibility and I dont think I'd ever live it down... I'd have to change name, move house, have surgery just to protect my identity... who would pay for this?

In short, not even if you paid me, sorry, but I hate Max Power and everything it stands for.

have you seen the mag recently?

jono 172 - you a fellow bauer employee? lol.

Golf 7R
Try the Saxo forum, they would be itching to get there VTR quad tailpiped lowered, tinted ebay chipped cars on front page for all to see! Try that Markastra fella his MG ZR is a Renaultsport eater by all accounts!

RB 182
how about this?

meg19.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26229&d=1203535261

have you seen the mag recently?

thankfully no, I'd not buy it purely on the subject matter is tiresome and lacking and there's far too many adverts... that's as an aside from all the kitted up rice and 17 year old ****'s with their fried eggs and kebabs out.

It's actually quite spooky you should mention all this as it was only this week that I promised myself never to buy max power, fast car or redline magazine.

Imo they are always featuring cars like saxo's with 19" wheels that won't even handle todays roads with big massive body kits. I think these mags are aimed at 15-17/18 year olds.

That's just my opinion though

Mark

black gold 182
lol so neither of you have read it for a long time i expect? which de-values your opinions on the magazine by a long way. each editor brings a different direction to the mag and your about 3 editors behind, see one of the latest cover cars was a porsche?

lol so neither of you have read it for a long time i expect? which de-values your opinions on the magazine by a long way. each editor brings a different direction to the mag and your about 3 editors behind, see one of the latest cover cars was a porsche?

Just17 may have also had 3 new editors in the same time, but I'm no more likely to read that than I am Max Power. I don't think it really matters who edits the mag now, it's been a joke for years. I'd never buy it, similarly I'd never buy Redline which is apparently improved, but still garbage.

black gold 182

Just17 may have also had 3 new editors in the same time, but I'm no more likely to read that than I am Max Power. I don't think it really matters who edits the mag now, it's been a joke for years. I'd never buy it, similarly I'd never buy Redline which is apparently improved, but still garbage.

yeah thats fair enough mate

i had to put the point across though that your views were based on an old product different from what it is today.

the editor has the last word on EVERYTHING that gets printed so it entirley matters who edits the mag - i work in the industry i know about this.

RB 182
i havent bought max power for ages but must admit it has changed a considerable amount? u work in editorial design dave-clio?

yeah thats fair enough mate

i had to put the point across though that your views were based on an old product different from what it is today.

the editor has the last word on EVERYTHING that gets printed so it entirley matters who edits the mag - i work in the industry i know about this.

surely looking at reader demographics would be the best bet? imo they will always have that stigma now, unless they change the name, but this boils down to, do they want to make money, or a decent mag? Fair play if they have improved, I'd just never have my car in Max Power or Redline because of their image. It would be taken more seriously in a tuner mag, even if they have reinvented themselves.

black gold 182
yeah reader demographics is probably what they're going on in this case, the body kit saxo generation has grown up and the mag is taking its time to follow the trend but it is getting there.
at the end of the day if they make a decent mag that we all buy - then advertisers will spend the money its their passion to make good magazines.
Max was such a Massive brand in the 90's it pretty much rolled out at the dawn of boy racers and when anyone see's a kev'd up car they say "max power" straight away, its a hard image to shake off.