ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power caps

Car batteries are slow to deliver the kind of power your amps need to give you tight, powerful bass hits. capacitors eliminate that problem by storing reserve power and then delivering it lightning-fast just when your amps need it most. Thats why you see external capacitors in just about every stereo competition vehicle — and you dont see dimmed headlights.

^^ , have you read the threads i linked to? have you tried both? have u even heard of a batcap?

Id like to see your info from this, prove me wrong.

its a battery that can discharge as fast as a cap, a 400 is equal to having 200 1f caps, and can give 400amps for 8 seconds! so why would this be no good either? it as the advantages of a cap with 200 times the capacity to the normal sized cap for car audio?

And on a diff note, why wouldnt adding another small battery be an advantage?

and going by your last post you have dropped the idea that a cap would be benifitial

batcaps are the way forward, im thinking of getting one for my car, pete, you really dont know what you are talking about do you?

have you ever seen a batcap in action? they are really impressive, im with rorrie on this one, power caps are a waste of time.

not one of the best systems I know of have a power cap,

Quote: Originally posted by Rorrie on 02 December 2004
and going by your last post you have dropped the idea that a cap would be benifitial
No Im just saying that the theory on those sites is flawed.

Quote: Originally posted by ^adam^ on 02 December 2004

batcaps are the way forward, im thinking of getting one for my car, pete, you really dont know what you are talking about do you?

have you ever seen a batcap in action? they are really impressive, im with rorrie on this one, power caps are a waste of time.

not one of the best systems I know of have a power cap,
I do know what Im talking about, what I clearly said was the theory used on that site is flawed as a batcap would suffer the same effects.

^ yep senconded,

but pete please state where the theory is flawed? coundt find it?

also the main similarity of a cap and a batcap is the charge/dischage, as they batcap (400) is 200 times larger in capacity than the average cap, it is unlikely that is will be dischaged compleatly (unless burping, or not sufficently large enough batcap for the system), for this reason it is not effected in the same way, as if it partly discharges (lets say a big bass note), but then still comes under stress, it can still be draw from, so it will not be driverting power from the amp (like a cap would be at this point) but contiune to give out until it can recharge

f**k me how mans subs has he got

i am sure he wants to spend nearly £200 on a batcap if he only has one sub as they are so much beter than a £50 powercap

give me the 50 quid for the powercap and ill do the same job for u that it does

feck all

please please read the above links , they are a total waste of money

Quote: Originally posted by Rorrie on 02 December 2004

^ yep senconded,

but pete please state where the theory is flawed? coundt find it?

also the main similarity of a cap and a batcap is the charge/dischage, as they batcap (400) is 200 times larger in capacity than the average cap, it is unlikely that is will be dischaged compleatly (unless burping, or not sufficently large enough batcap for the system), for this reason it is not effected in the same way, as if it partly discharges (lets say a big bass note), but then still comes under stress, it can still be draw from, so it will not be driverting power from the amp (like a cap would be at this point) but contiune to give out until it can recharge
Pete is correct. Some of the theory is a bit ropey.

a joule is a watt second? what the hell lol

a watt is a joule per second.

Basically they are trying to explain something without using the correct forumulae and with no reference to kirchoffs law.

Not to mention the explaination of ESR is totally rash,i havent read the whole thing but i certainly didnt see the ESR equation or equations for frequency which is what you need prior to calculating ESR.

where is ESR=d.f/C*pi*f*C*100

ok, just spotted that, il email the guy who wrote it, but does it sway the figures the other way? i have used a cap before, did bugger all, upgrading tb3 is a better option, but i will also say that i have first hand knoledge that batcaps work, well, very well infact under large pressure.

Night.icon - it is not a question of how many subs he is running, but the draw of his amps.

white 197 CUP

soooooooooo?????????? am i fine with not having one i seemed to of got losed in what u all are on about.

EDIT - 1fast6 - ive just re-read your post, and had a look/read at afew bits,

a Joule is a watt second hence a watt is a joule per second or even a second is a joule per watt they are all equivalent statements

and

ESR is quite simple, its the resistance required to turn a source (batt, cap etc..) into its thevenim equivalent.

ie the open circuit voltage gives you your idea voltage source and the short circuit current gives you the ESR.

Equivalent Series Resistance.

ie a cap with an open circuit voltage of 12v and a short circuit current of 2000A has an ESR of 6 miliohms. (12/2000)

Night.icon - no i didnt, i was mearly pointing out that the statment was wrong, disregarding the fact of its tone, its still wrong

50quid for a power cap solely for the digital display that comes with them-bout the best feature on em.

DERV battery and ur sorted, forget spendin a fortune on yellow tops!