ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power invertors help need to power my PS2

for those of u with ps2 in your car and the like what convertor do i need, where can i get it from and how much is it?

got the rest of the ystem lined up but need to sort the convertor and not sure which one i need and where to get one from

cheers

matt

Try maplins. They have a special offer on them for £30. A 150 watt model will work but I bought the 330 watt model just to make sure as ive heard stories abut people having problems with the lower ones.

Russ

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I got mine from maplins, 29.99 for a 300w inverter.. note these are not true sine wave but are modified sine wave, the true one would be better but are 100+ quid.

arnt these just the simple box thingy that has a plug hole on one side & on the other it has a cigerette lighter? Which u can obviously cut & take it to the battery.

Surely it would be better to use the proper ps2 converter thingys? I will be doing this soon but using my XBOX instead, What can I buy to use that in my car? just a simple 300w inverter?
Coz ive got a DC to AC 150W power inverter sitting next to me, you surely aint telling me thats the way u do it?
Coz Ive heard that these things produce "dirty" electricity & you can get ALOT of interference in the signal, surely this will be heard thru the speakers?
Anyone else heard of this ?

PS Sorry to steal ur thread Matt

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Got my Xbox running off a 300w invertor I got some inteference through the video line but I grounded the video line to the chasis and earth of the car, no problems now.

How did you ground the video line then? was there an earth cable that came with it then? Or a GND out or somet?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 01 July 2003
How did you ground the video line then? was there an earth cable that came with it then? Or a GND out or somet?

No, it made sense to me that this would fix the problem (used to be AV Techie)

I wired all the wires up myself so it was simply a case of soldering the earth to a connecter which attaches to the gnd/earth of the inverter