ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power loss at 4800rpm, even when foot is planted.

ClioSport 172 Cup
My car is suddenly losing power around 4500-4800rpm. It feels almost like the fuel is being cut, like the limiter has moved, and before anyone asks I don`t drive a diesel! lol. The engine doesnt cut out completely.
Any ideas ? There are no engine warning lights on.

Astra Twintop
Probably best to get it checked on a computer by a Renault techy.

Could be throttle sensor
Airflow Sensor

Thats just me guessing.

ClioSport 172 Cup
Its really weird because I think it only started to happen when the engine has been running for a bit, warmed up fully. sometimes it cuts out at 6000rpm sometimes it cuts out before. I've just done an RS Tuner data log to see if the data gives anything away. If anyone on here can read and understand these logs I can send them the file.

Thanks,
Samuel

ClioSport 172 Cup
RS Tuner shows me no ECU logged errors at all!! and I ran all the actuator tests and they were fine. I was hoping it might have been something simple like the VVT solenoid at fault. Are there any sensors that RS Tuner doesn`t log or read??