ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering fluid leak

Inferno 182
Right basically all of my power steering fluid has leaked out of my car, don't have a clue how but its has leaked somewhere around the drivers side. I doubt it is the pump as I've recently had it changed. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I am hoping a pipe has just come loose, and something I can't sort my self.

thanks, Jamie.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I had this in my old 182 the power steering pipe split costing £300 to repair does it make a horrific whining noise now the fluid had emptied itself??

182 ff
take it to kwik fit or a place you no and ask them to to see if its leakin from the pipe as its very long(you can read my nite mare on the main board just keep your fluid topped up till u know

"Navy" N17 TWO
I had a leak in mine last year, turned out to be a pinhole in the metal part of the upper pipe running from the bottle to the pump.

The clutch-fork had been rubbing it to create the hole on the 90 degree bend! (where it turns along the front of the engine)

If you've just had your pump changed then there is a possibility that it's not been done up right?

Just make sure you check as fluid can run along the pipe before it drips giving you a false impression of where it's dripping from!