ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Steering Leak

Clio 172 PH2
Hey guys, ive developed a bit of a problem with my powersteering. I know its a bit out there but there is a leak coming from somewhere near the front driverside. There does appear to be fluid on the aux belt. Im not sure where it is coming from. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the situation. Possible leak locations? I only realised when i turned the car on it sounded like the powersteering had no fluid. Checked the resevoir and there was no fluid. Any help would be much apriciated.

ITB'd MK1
well that area is where the pump is, so it could be the pump itself that's leaking (increasingly common) or it could be one of the hoses/unions that secure to it. Needs investigating to know what's going on fully

Clio 172 PH2
Thanks danny ive just done a search for similar problems, i was wondering if it could this presure switch ive read about just a thought? Either way its sounds expensive though ha