ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power steering problem (valver)

I have fluid coming out of the power steering reservoir cap - is this a sign of damage in the system or faulty components?? Ive changed the powersteering fluid and its still doing it , everytime after driving the car, there will be fluid on the top of the cap, so whats going on?!?

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

I have the same problem on my 16v.

Cannot see any areas where air would be getting in and my power steering is very quiet as well. Its not overfilled and I dont seem to lose any fluid.

Ive had the car for 4 years and its always done it. No damage so far (fingers crossed!!!)

Would like to know what is causing this though, because it makes an waful mess.

James

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

I was thinking about making the hole bigger in the cap and attaching a small bore rubber hose to it and running it down under the car so the engine doesnt get covered in fluid. Dont know if this would bugger up the pump though.

Any ideas?

James

mine used to do it too, it used to proper annoy me.
when i had my new engine put in the pump came with it (its too much of a job to take them apart) & the pump i got was fine, so it didnt do it any more.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

It doesnt seem worth paying out for a new pump when it works and the only problem I have with it is the slight loss of fluid from the breathe hole.

I might try the Lucas PS conditioner stuff, see if that works.

oh didnt realise all valvers were like that, glad to know mines not got any problems, but its still annoying having to clean around that area of the engine bay every week..