ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

POWER STEERING!!!

b******s!! since i bought my clio, the power steering has always been quite heavy, noisy and seemed to make a mess around the resevoir tank, but the car is under warranty so i thought i could just get it fixed. i went in yesterday to get it done and i have been told its an engine out job, not only that buit no one wants to touch it. From underneath, there is fluid coming from the pump and the noise from lock to lock is outrageous!! ASny body have any info?? My options are:
1)f**k it off as i have been told that it will not fail and will just be noisy
2)Take it to renault and get them to do the work but i have to pay £65 an hour til they find out exactly what is wrong aith the car!!
Main problem is that warranty runs out soon and either way i am expected to pay for the diagnostics part of the repair. PLEASE HELP!!! :mad:

clio williams, Ph1 172

Join the club mate. Mines gone in for a blown power steering pipe.

Where abouts you from?? I got someone fixin mine at the moment. Its not engine out. just loads of bits to take off. Think its just a lot easier to take the engine out.

Skoda Fabia vRS

you shouldnt have to pay for the diagnostic as long they actually find a fault, id speak to them again about that

nothing can be done about me paying for diagnostics, reckon im gonna ride the storm, the only reason i wanted it done is because i thought i would get it free under warranty but if im not then i wont sort it till i have to, either way the pump will need changing and nick hill said he can sort it out when im next there for a reasonable price. From Manchester

I would get it sorted, they say it wont fail!,

Its leeking fluid, if the fluid runs out unexpectadly on ya it will go from power steering to non in an instant.

I take it yall are talking bout pre 98 clios, i have a 99 and got me pump replaced without touching the engine at all?