ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

powerbulbs.com

Hi, Im relenting to pressure and buying some decent indicator bulbs. powerbulbs.com are doing 2 offers:

2 pairs of Silver Visions for £25
or
if you order 2 pairs of Silver Visions seperately, you get 10% off plus a free pair of Philips Blue Vision Sidelight bulbs - total £26.55

What offer to get? Are the Philips Blue Vision Sidelight bulbs worth fitting? Ive noticed my Clios sidelights are quite yellow - anyone replaced them with the Blue Visions?

Cheers

Yup loads of us have, they do make a difference, some people have photos of it, have a search and you might get lucky.

i have used powerbulbs as well, i got some phillips silver vision ones from them, they are the same wattage etc as normal bulbs, they are supposed to make you see furter by projecting more up the rd, on my car (valver) they dont seem to ! they seem to be like normal (there are no probs with my head lights- they do not need adjusting)

i also got the blue side light bulbs too (they were free) and there is no difference (not even a blue tint- weird as the bulb is blue)

maybe its just on a 16v they dont work well, as ive seen before and after on a 172 (on here) and you could deffo tell the difference.

Cheers folks - think Ill buy the seperate pairs and get the free sidelight bulbs. That way Ill at least have a spare set of sidelight bulbs should I need them (for £1.50 extra).

cat171 - it was the silver vision indicator bulbs Im talking about. Sounds like youre talkikng about the dipped beam bulbs! I had them previously in a Punto and they made a hell of a difference.

I got the indicator bulbs and free sidelight bulbs from powerbulbs, worth doing as changes the look of the lights completely.

Wave goodbye to the skin on your knuckles when you come to fit them!

[Edited by Pete_172 on 01 July 2004 at 2:06pm]

E90

I did it, and It looks loads better, Sidelights took half the skin off my knuckles though, and I have hands like a girl.

Ive heard theyre hard to fit. But Im used to losing the skin over my knuckles: anyone else ever tried to fit/remove pedals from a mountainbike? You apply loads of pressure to the spanner around the pedal axle, the spanner slips, your hand punches the sharp chainrings... arrrggghhhh!

Maybe Ill get the GF to fit them - shes good with her hands.

E90

Quote: Originally posted by AGMitch on 01 July 2004

Maybe Ill get the GF to fit them - shes good with her hands.
Point out which is the front end of the car first though.:)

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by AGMitch on 01 July 2004

Ive heard theyre hard to fit.

Only on the drivers side due to the AC pipes, the pass side isnt to bad. Big panda paws wont help though!