ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflow Exhaust, not that happy...advice?

Flame Red 172!
Had a powerflow cat back 'stealth' exhaust fitted a couple of weeks ago coz at the time I just needed one because my back box decided to drop off a week after buying the car...just needed something cheap coz I was poor.

Wasn't amazingly happy with it at the time as you can see a fair bit of the backbox and tiny bit of the pipe when you're standing behind the car...mentioned this at the time and they basically said "it was the best we could do, didn't have a flat enough backbox" so I just accepted it because driving my car sucked without an exhaust on it! :mad:

Anyway, I was looking at it today and had the overwhelming thought of F***ING B*****KS THAT LOOKS ABSOLUTLEY S**T!!!! and really want to get it sorted. Just wondering if it's worth going back to them and saying I aint happy and want them to re-do it to my original specification - Stealth - AS IN INVISIBLE!!! (would they even give a s**t?!)...or to just go somewhere else and see if I can get just a new back box for it?

I only paid £200 for the system, it's well put together and it does actually sound really nice...also, the lads there were pretty cool too (paid for my petrol - £20 - when I had to go back to them and get it re-sealed the next week!!!)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome...cheers peoples.

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
well if they were good enough to pay for your petrol last time, i wouldnt go in their all guns blazing. id ask them to change it, and offer to make a contribution to the amount

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They seem like really sound people tbh, i'd just be polite and ask them if there's anything they can do to help you out.

Turbos.
Why didn't you just get a k-tec stealth? Tried and tested...

Surely they can just adjust the hanging of the exhaust so it sits higher?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Tbh mate it doesn't sound like there's alot more they can do if the backbox is as deep as you say and you can see a tiny bit hanging down other than ask them to order you another one that isn't quite as big .I would imagine they will charge you for it though , you could ask em to knock something off the price and see if they will .

I guess the situation wasn't ideal as you needed one asap and they didn't have the backbox in stock that you really needed.

Flame Red 172!
KTR 172/CUP STEALTH EXHAUST SYSTEM. £265.00+vat (£311.38) ... Each

Powerflow 'not so stealth' system. £200 (inc VAT & Fitting)

The man from lloyds tsb, he say no!

Simple matter of economics and geography mate, wish I could have gone for the K-Tec or even better taken down to Charlie at Pro-Speed and got him to do me one...Also could NOT have driven my car in that state much further than I did, think I would have been deaf as a post by the time I got there!

Clio 172 mk2
They seem like really sound people tbh, i'd just be polite and ask them if there's anything they can do to help you out.

I'd second that...they are more likely to help out if approached politely.

I can understand why your pi**ed off though...£200 isn't a small amount of money to shell out for something your not 100% happy with.