ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflow Exhausts, any good?

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Looking at getting a new system for my ph1 172 to replace the standard crap that is falling apart. I was something that sounds NICE when you start it up and when your giving it some, but i dont want to sound like matey going down the highstreet in his 'moded' 1.2 corsa deafening the elderly.

I want a nice straight 2.5 or 3" pipe cut into the bumper so ideally want someone to fit it to get a nice job.

How do they compair to that of say a k-tec system? Seems like much the same product but £100 more expensive plus you have to fit it yourself.

Im located up north so anywhere within reach of Huddersfield/Leeds/Manchester would be good.

Cheers
Sam

wouldn't go near Powerflow personally. Quality of work is garbage, unless you get a red letter day and then you have 1 of only a handful of their well made systems.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I went to the one in Burnley called topgear (40 miles from Hudds), people said good things on here when I did a search. Got a stealth and I'm happy with it. Also if you mention you were recomended by people on cliosport and ask for a discount you get £20 off. Cost me £250 in the end and I think it sounds quite good and looks well made;)

My mate had one on his 106 gti it was loud as hell & it wasn't even the loudest one they did.

I know of others (not on here) who have had ss systems & they've gone rusty within a year.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
My mate had one on his 106 gti it was loud as hell & it wasn't even the loudest one they did.

I know of others (not on here) who have had ss systems & they've gone rusty within a year.

Dont know about the rust as I have only had mine a month, but you get a life time warrenty anyway. I also dont find mine to loud, BUT you must ask for the quietest one they do when you call. Mine is just abit louder than the standard one when you give it some and about the same when driving normally. Also seems to be sounding nicer with abit of age/use!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
Prospeed are very good (located cardiff but well worth the trip) all exhausts come with lifetime guarantee (or as long as the car lasts lol)

ph quick
my powerflow is well sweet, its a 'quiet' stealth and is well made, quieter than other stealths but still spits burbles, best 220 ive spend on a car

Ph-Quick
As above, had a new exhaust done at pro-speed yesterday and charlie and the guys have done an unbelievably good job!

Pics, video and write up will be up soon :)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
yes charlie is a top bloke
http://www.pro-speedexhausts.com/index.html

thats his website, he takes pics of everything he does, and the gallery is full of previous customers..

He'll also walk u thru the whole process, make sure u no exactly what ur getting and give u a rough idea of the sound it will produce.

clio sport f1 r27
av had 3 powerflow systems 1 on a 1.2 16v was megga loud as i asked , one on my 16v megane coupe still loud as i asked and how i liked and 1 on my lupo gti not so loud bit older and not ma thing lol
does really depend on where you go one that did the coupe was rather s**t compaird to the other garage that did the other 2 and you can chose which tail and how it sits so i do recomend them although power wise i dont know if there is an increase or decrease in power and tbh i wouldnt dream of it on my 197 just incase i lose power will try for a yozza me thinks :p

Clio Sport 172
Had 2 stainless exhaust systems done by Longlife at Cardiff...Excellent exhausts and excellent customer services.4 choices of sounds....

Charlie used to work for Longlife and then opened up his own business just across Cardiff.
mention you had been in touch with Charlie for a exhaust and you will def get money off at Longlife....now Prospeed and Longlife competitors:)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Had powerflows on my last 2 cars and they've been great.

Danpl6 commented on it when it was in for a service once saying it was alright, only downside is it can be a little boomy. But I needed an exhaust quick as the Renault one fell off on my way to work, popped in that lunchtime and a few hours later it was all done, and was very cheap too, £200 all in.

Iceburg 172FF
Getting a stealth at powerflow in burnley on saturday will post a vid when its done, my mate has one from there and it sounds superb anyway.

PH2 172
I got a qoute from Prospeed for £298 for a cat back but i dont want it bein to loud is prospeed there own custom made exhaust or do they use powerflow boxes also any1 got any pics of the stealth systems they done and any coment son what they sound like and the quality.