ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powering an amp in a MK3

Clio 197 F1
I'm trying to get a power cable from the battery to the boot, I have a quick look but cant see any holes to run the wire through.

Can anyone help?

clio sport 197
i have the same problem on my 197 and dont exactly know where you can get the wire thru have u cum up with any other ways? my bro fits systems and hes sayin i mite need to drill a hole thru to get the cable to the engine bay...

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Ive never looked properly but even the engine bay on my mates mk3 1.2 is packed!

Clio 182
I fitted a sub to my old Mk 3 and just drilled a hole in the bonnet to route the wire! just made sure I had a tight seal washer around the cable to stop any water getting in!

MkIII Clio Dynamique S
drill a hole through the bulk somewhere, get a rubber washer and feed the wire that way.

the amp is active in mine, its all in the one unit. Dont have a clue where the wires run but the guys who installed it ran a wire out through where the fuses are so i could control it next to the steering wheel.

there must be a grommit somewhere with wires through into the cabin, cant you use that or is it a big cable?

AK

M240i
I ran mine through a rubber gromit that was already there; it came out somewhere high in the passenger foot well. where alot of other wires are already running. I just pushed a sharp headed screwdriver from the foot well out once i had located what wires were coming from the engine. Took about 10-15 mins of pushing etc .. but i wouldnt drill a hole tbh..

AK

M240i
nope didnt have to remove anything mate. will try and get some pics up tomorrow if i get home and its still light...

Clio 197 ('08 R'Blue)
As with all the clios, there's a large rubber grommet behind the glove box with the main wiring loom heading through it - this is where I fed my cable. The easiest way to get it through in my opinion is from the footwell side where you should be able to see the actual grommet. I'm a plumber by trade but an electrician I knew gave me a fibre glass flexi rod that they use to feed cables at work - I pushed this through the grommet from inside the car and hey presto - it popped through under the bonnet. A bit of electrical tape around my cable onto the rod and a gentle but sharp tug and the cable was threaded. They cost a fair bit to buy but made the job so so easy and saved tonnes of time - especially when you do it quite a bit like me! Screwfix may sell them or try a model shop for a flexi piece of plastic?? Hope this helps!

vauxhall corsa vxr
its just behind glove box mate lay on your back in footwell and look up you will see all the wires