ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powering ICE

Stanced Honda S2000
Hi,

i have a 2002 renault clio dynamique sport 12. 16v

recently i have installed a massive audio p1500 amp (1500watt rms)
and 2 15 inch massive audio subwoofers (500watt rms each)
i also have a mutant amp running some 6*9s
a motorised screen in the dash and footwell neons..

problem im getting is when i hit some of the real loud bass notes that are close together, there isnt enough power and my screen flickers then the amp goes into protect...

what do you suggest ? upgrade the alternator or the battery !??!?

thanks !

Stanced Honda S2000
did have a powercap and ur right, makes it worse if anything !

what would u reccomend... cheaper the better.lol

but would i get away with just upgrading my alternator ?

53 plate Clio 172
Sorry Rich mate i'll leave you in an experts hands.
I've never modified a car or had a power cap or any ICE
Did say some strain but hey all the best

Nike Lunar Elite's
I'm no expert, but I would say that the battery would be the most important part to uprate as you're simply not getting enough power for all the ICE, or running split charge and having 2 batteries.

Stanced Honda S2000
ahh, the dreaded two batteries ! cheers fubu anyways dude

erm.. can somebody point me in the right direction !?!

i really do want to avoid a split charge system if poss as they cost a few quid, spent all me money now, lol

Polo + Micra
the ONLY thing a split charge system is good for is running your audio at a show and then still being able to start the car after the ice batt has died

Polo + Micra
sounds like you will need a uprated alt and the biggest batt you can fit in there

as for the amp to go into protect you must be pulling you electrical system down to about 11v which aint good

that amp should only pull 120A (peak) which is a lot of extra power demand but i'd say not enough to pull it down to 11v

Last edited:
  Stanced Honda S2000
4 matey, its running at 1ohm tho so the amp will be working pretty hard as well as the subs :)

ps - anybody got a contact for centurion as my remotes shafted - half a bottle of meguirs tyre black tends not to do a good job !