ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pre reg cars

Could someone clear something up for me...

I've been dealing with Renault for the past month or so trying to get my new Clio sorted, with various cars that I was meant to be getting being 'lost' so that in the end I'm going for an alternative colour.

Saw the dealership again today and they told me in passing that it was actually a pre reg car I was getting, even though I'd made the original deal for a new car and not had any 'pre reg' discount! Is this acceptable or are they trying to pull a fast one. I never really thought pre reg was that much different but according to some websites it can make a £1000 difference to the value of the car.

Thanks

182 Full Fat
They are the taking the Mickey, You will technically be the 2nd owner. Ask for a full refund of deposit and walk away and start again somewhere else!

damn, thanks for replying.

I'm backed into a corner a little bit as I need a car by the end of the month and don't have time to initiate a new deal with a new garage aghhh.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Fúck that right off mate. Go in, tell them they are taking the piss. Demand your brand new black one. Tell them you will be complaining to Renault UK about the service and trying to fob you off with a pre reg despite already agreeing a deal for a new. Don't let them get onto the fact that you need the car soon or thats putting them in a better position to bend you over. At the end of the day, you could always hire a car, preferably at their cost seeing as they are taking longer than they should be.

I bought a pre-reg megane a while back, saved £3,500 on new price.

Basically they are selling you a second hand car, but wanting brand new car money.

Its the old story of a brand new car losing x amount as soon as you drive it away, because then its second hand.

yeah they tried that with me.. with pre reg cars u r the second owner basically and they should provide u with a discount. will it be an 06 plate?? because the over made clio's last year and had lots of 55 plates stock piled.

Been to see them for yet another installment of 'Carry on Car Dealership', and it turns out some numpty gave me the completely wrong info and it is infact brand new.

Still going for the silver campus sport as they genuinely can't get me the black one in time and i'm quite happy with silver now that it has body coloured bumpers. The manager confirmed it all for me and it should be delivered for friday, also going to give the other guy a bollocking... so hopefully all sorted now!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
prereg cars are basicly ex demo cars or staff cars or some cases cars they have registered in order to have them in stock, you would technically be the second owner yes but if it is one that has been registered for stock purposes etc it will still be brand new and have delivery miles on it, but should be a little less costly, find out if its a ex demo if so tell em where to go,

i work for a dealership so no how it goes, wana ask any questions taylor_sp87@hotmail.co.uk

campus sport with chill pack/metallic paint is list price about 9500 ish, im on renault uk discount so i got it for .. a different price. i think the dealership mightve gone down to about 7500-8000 with the extras.