ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

prefered colours every1?

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
just wondering wat u all recon is the best and coolest colour for the clio sport i got a silver one which is cool but i prefer black to be honest!! bit more class n dirty b**ch look bout it!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I have a black one, but its not actually the colour I like best.

When you're young you want to attract attention. Then you grow up and realise you can get away with more if you don't.

I got black because its the least conspicuous colour from a distance. If a cop with a speed gun is hiding looking for a car to get a speed reading on the black one will be the last one he'll notice, it will be closer to him before it registers to his brain that it night be speeding, and it'll have to be 2.5 times closer to him than a white or other bright coloured car before his laser speed gun can get a reading.

Of course the fact that black is the least conspicuous means it is also the least safe colour. Its the colour that other road users notice last too.

Also it shows dirt and is hot in summer.

Clio 172 mk2
I'll alwats try and get a silver car now I've had one.

I do love the look of black cars but f**k me are they hard to look after as they just show dirt and scratches so much:(

106 GTi
No other colour looks as good as Black when all polished up.

On the 182 it would have to be Black Gold or Liquid Yellow. On the 172 it would be Monaco Blue or Flame Red.

Clio 172 mk2

On the 182 it would have to be Black Gold or Liquid Yellow. On the 172 it would be Monaco Blue or Flame Red.

Totallly agree....black looks amazing polished up.

You obviously have the time and patience Rich to keep the car looking sweet....my car is lucky to see a wash once a month!

LY V6 with Recaros
On the 172 flame red. The 182 gotta be racing blue and liquid yellow! :) Inferno is nice too though.

BMW E46 330i Touring
As said, I think I'd give black a go if I was buying a car with immaculate paint - I saw a stunning black 225 (looked like Rich had been at it) yesterday and my jaw just dropped as I walked past... to the point where the guy just laughed at me.

But, I like my silver - it's subtle but purposeful at the same time, I just wish it wasn't so common!

renaultsport clio 182
my phase1 172(oydessy blue)was a lovely colour but you had to mother it all the time,silver 182 now and much prefere it(easier to maintain) but the best as got to be liquid yellow.

Mk4 .:R32
I have a flame red 172, it looks the nuts when its been cleaned, and looks quality at night. Monaco blue is pretty nice as well. There are too many black and silver cars about now. The 182 looks cool in inferno orange and liquid yellow. Attracts unwanted attention though as some people on here will tell you!!

1.8 Civic EX

I'll second that! Also liking the Inferno for the 182's

An orange one
I have black/gold...looks amazing on a vee, very muscular..

....but...f**k me riley is it hard to keep clean!! swirly swirly!!

racing blue is THE renault colour IMHO

Scirocco GT 210
Liquid yellow.

However, I'd never ever own a car that colour, as it draws too much attention.

I also like the titanium silver my car is. Silver normally looks a little drab, but titanium isn't.

If I have the choice, i'm going to try black for my next car. Although it's going to need cleaning more than I curently clean mine! :dapprove: