ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Press Key Fob - Constant Alarm Noise for 30 Seconds

172 Cup
Hello

Just the other day my car has been playing up - I locked the car as normal with the Key Fob however I got a single tone alarm noise that lasted about 30 seconds and then went off.

From what I understand it means that the doors/bonnet/boot aren't closed - i've checked them all and they are definitely shut. The bonnet sensor seems to be fine and both the door sensors are fine.

Any ideas what else it could be?

Thanks

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Mine does this when i turn the engine off and get out and lock it straight away. All i do is unlock it, open the door, close it and lock again.

Now when i turn the engine off, i wait for the red immobiliser light to flash before locking.

172 Cup
Mine does this when i turn the engine off and get out and lock it straight away. All i do is unlock it, open the door, close it and lock again.

Now when i turn the engine off, i wait for the red immobiliser light to flash before locking.

I thought I may have been locking it to quickly but it doesn't make a difference, I can leave it for a bit then lock it and it still does it.

I'll give it another try on my lunch break but thinking it's something else unfortunately..

172 Cup
Anyone have any ideas?

I've checked the bonnet sensor, disconnected it and it still does it.

I've even disconnected the door closure sensors and it still does it...?

Not sure where the boot sensor is?

172 Cup
A strange addition to this problem, when I press the brake pedal the light on the dash flashes up to say that a door is open....?

172 Cup
Any advise would be hugely appreciated this thing is driving me mad.

The boot sensor appears to be built into the locking mech which I believe must work as the boot light goes off when its shut.

The courtesy light just stays on all the time with both doors shut and the boot shut..

172 Cup
Thank you both for your posts i've ordered 2 new door pin switches and if that doesn't work i'll try the bonnet switch.

I tried disconnecting the bonnet sensor to see if it made a difference but it didn't.

Any idea where I could pick up a bonnet sensor?