ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Previous drink driving question (insurance)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Trying to sort my car insurance out today, i was banned in December 2005 for dui for 9 months, i know that the coviction stays on my licence for 11 years but how long until the conviction is classed as "spent"????

Any advise would be good.

ta

Last edited by a moderator:
  BMW M5 & E36
Insurance quote forms usually ask for any driving convictions in the past 5 years don't they? In which case you answer no and you're being perfectly honest.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Swift cover who are the cheapest for my by almost £200 notes have a small section about convictions saying we do not cover convictions that remain on your licence for more than five years, (mines stays on for 11) i rang the lovely lady at swift cover and she said if it has been "spent" then they can cover me. Ive read a few forums now saying that dui is spent after five years, but the convictiom remians on ya licence for 11. years.