ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Price for a Cambelt change

PH2 172
Hi,

I'm looking at 172's at the moment, a lot I've called haven't had their belt done. They're all under 72k, but ~5years or older, so I'd really want to get it done pretty much straight away for my own piece of mind.

I rang my local Renault dealer, and they've quoted about £389 for the cambelt incl VAT and labour.

Does that sound about right?

thats seriously cheaper than wot i got quoted. just over 1100 for the cambelt, aux belt and a service. cheeky wnkers wanted 90 for a collant change. where are you from i might come to that gaarage to get it done

PH2 172
Ok thanks, she asked me for a reg number so I gave her one off of their own website and she couldn't find it lol. So she put the details in manually and thats what it came up with. I might check another dealer to be sure.
Thanks

PH2 172
Just rang another dealer, and they can't find any cars with reg numbers either, and I've obviously not got a chassis number so they can't give me an exact price :S

Clio 1.2 16v
Please don't take this as a dig, just a bit of advise.

There are 100's of cambelt threads on this forum, before you post something you 'think' would have been asked before. e.g cambelt, best brakes, what oil to use etc, just think 'search'. It's at the top of the toolbar. You will find your answer more quickly IMO. As i say not a dig, just some friendly advise :)