ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

price of a paint job (white) on my clio

renault clio 1.2
Hang on, why did you ask how much it would be when you already have a quote?

wanted to now what everyone thinks like would it be a crap job or would you pay extra for better job, i duno the rates for spray car im hopless

frozen white clio172
to be honest just coz he's been quoted 700 doesnt mean its gonna be a crap job i'd advice seein some of his work first but in the current climate maybe he's just havin to drop his prices due to shortage of work i know as a plasterer i dropped my daily rate from 200 to 120 and on site the daily rate dropped to 80 so just see his work first and the most expensive is not always the best, sometimes people just see u comin and trust me i know, when i used to turn up at a job to price it i'd take a look at the house, car and overall appearance of the person and add pounds to the price if they looked like they wouldnt miss a few quid, everyone does it so dont go on price go on work quality!!!

Clio 182 arctic
to be honest just coz he's been quoted 700 doesnt mean its gonna be a crap job i'd advice seein some of his work first but in the current climate maybe he's just havin to drop his prices due to shortage of work i know as a plasterer i dropped my daily rate from 200 to 120 and on site the daily rate dropped to 80 so just see his work first and the most expensive is not always the best, sometimes people just see u comin and trust me i know, when i used to turn up at a job to price it i'd take a look at the house, car and overall appearance of the person and add pounds to the price if they looked like they wouldnt miss a few quid, everyone does it so dont go on price go on work quality!!!

im glad someone else thinks this, i had a load of work done cheap when i bought mine and as everyone else says it must be crap and it wont last. it still looks good and that was 2years ago. i went to a local bodyshop (the type that gets all the insurance repairs) and they wanted nigh on £500 to paint the rear 1/4 to sort a scratch. f**k off. got it done for £200.

Working in a bodyshop myself I'd be inclined to say a £700 colour change respray would be sh*t. My place wouldn't even entertain it for less than £2k, it's not worth the hassle for any less than that.

I'd love to be proved wrong though.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm paying £600 to have just the inside of my car done in he same colour. Thats from a very good friend who owns a bodyshop. You get what you pay for!

He won't do anything on the cheap as his motto is 'You have it done properly or you have it done elsewhere'.

Alarm bells would be ringing for £700 for a full colour change.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i cant see anyone doing a proper job for £700, prepping a full car to a good standard is a very time consuming process.

clio 182 ff
i paint cars daily for a living & i wouldnt do a full colour change respray for that kinda money, its a major ball-ache all the prepping involved before applying the paint...however, if its a friend who's doing it for you & he's got the spare time its possible he'd do it cheap...like people have said , take a look at some of his work & double check he's gonna spray inside shuts etc & i'd also recommend if your having it painted pay the extra so its got a good coat of laquer on the paint & not cheap 2ksolid white like used on transit vans etc