ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Price of X360 Elite finally released!!!

Nike Lunar Elite's
It will be out on the 24th August and will be £329.99.

Is anybody bothering to 'upgrade' from the 360 Premium? I would have if they included the HD-DVD drive but don't think I will be bothering now unless Game/Gamestation will be doing good trade in deals but would expect them to be something in the region of 360 Premium + £150 for an Elite.

Here's a link to Game's preorder page > http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?mid=331475

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
i'm very happy using component and can't see an advantage. i don't use all the HDD space as it is :)

Nike Lunar Elite's
i'm very happy using component and can't see an advantage. i don't use all the HDD space as it is :)

I don't understand why the 360 didn't come with hdmi from day 1.

I'm nowhere near to filling the HDD and seeing as the PS3 comes with Blu-ray I would have thought the obvious thing to do would be to include the HD-DVD, or at least offer an Elite with and without the HD-DVD drive installed giving people the choice.

Clio 172
Hmm yes i agree my xbox 360 preimum drive is messing up wont open like i have to press the button like 10 times lol really annoying me i am going to upgrade to the elite, rather then buy another preimum, :p looking forward to the realse some people are selling uk ones on ebay now but with adapter plugs

Fiesta ST
according to Radio 1 it even lets you do full HD!!

er think you'll find my existing xbox 360 does full HD :)

Im not going to bother upgrading, ive got the 360 Premium and bought the HD-DVD drive a few months ago aswell and i think the quality etc is top notch, cant see any real advantage to having 120Gb hard drive, have 13Gb free on the standard 20Gb one, whole thing just sounds like a gimmick to me.

TeZ

Non RS : (
i use VGA and im happy with my origiaqnl Xbox 360 tbh i ent shelling out more unless this one goes wrong

Lee

BMW M2C
How much better is HDMI really?

erm alot really picture should be more like the vga cable than composite thank god also its one cable for sound and video

HDMI is a little better, but barely noticable compared to VGA and component.

One cable is nice, but it's not good if you have surround sound. You have to use a box MS supply to get the optical out for the audio. All the new kit we have comes with those as the kits have HDMI.

FF 182 w/cup packs
According to some reports M$ are going to be doing full movie downloads, hence the need for the bigger HDD, I have loads of space on my HDD but i only use it for the game demo and saves etc but with a 120GB i would think about transfering my mp3 collection to it.

Audi TT 225
When they've sold out of elites and scamed you all out of an extra 150 then relax and buy the "new" premium system which will be a white elite ;)
It will be exactly the same as the elite just white... core systems will be the same as ever tho.

erm alot really picture should be more like the vga cable than composite thank god also its one cable for sound and video

HDMI is a little better, but barely noticable compared to VGA and component.

One cable is nice, but it's not good if you have surround sound. You have to use a box MS supply to get the optical out for the audio. All the new kit we have comes with those as the kits have HDMI.

no dont be a pikey use an a/v switching amp that supports hdmi ;)

i find component oversaturate usually comparing it to vga like i said it will only be slightly better than vga this will be down to it been digital all the way through rather than converted backwards and forwards and it not been so suseptable to interference

Really thought they would have built the HD-DVD drive into it tho, seems a bit silly that they havent...but saying that its another £100 you have to shell out for that too so why should they.

Clio 172
Does anyone know if you have a 360 preimum and upgrade to an elite, how can u transferr all ure data on ure old 360,to the elite 120gb hard drive ???

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I run out of space on mine daily.

And it is making worse and worse noises... Not bad for nearly 2 years old, we're getting there MS !!