ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 finally cracked to play backups...

More sources claiming it's legit...

psjailbreak.jpg

Plug a USB pen (which has software on it) into your PS3 which turns it into a debug system able for you to dump games to an external hard drive.

The product description and FAQ from various websites:

Q: What firmware version does PS JailBreak it work on?
A. It apparently works on a couple of old firmware verisons, but it was designed for the latest firmware version 3.41

Q. Does PS Jailbreak allow you to dump ps2 games, ps1 game, Blu ray movies?
A. No, just PS3 games.

Q. Does PS JailBreak allow every game to work?
A. Apparently 150 games have been tested, and they all work. If a game happens to have 1 file over 4gb the program will not be able to rip the game onto the harddrive. Apparently the worl around is to dump it on an internal hardrive

Q. Can I still play online with PS Jailbreak?
A. When today (19.08.2010) you can, we can't guarantee you will never be banned for using the 3rd party device.

Q. Can Sonly block this with firmware updates?
A. Probably. The have have the USb dongle firmware upgradable, but you can never predict the future. This is made to work with 3.41. If you happen to download an install an update which is higher then this then it is your doing. We will not accept stock back as "faulty" if you have upgraded your firmware.

Here's more from the makers, promises 2x faster playback, homebrew and more:

*PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.

* Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.
Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA

* PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles games)

* Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.
Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.

* Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.

* Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.

Other stuff

The official website for the product is down at the moment. A retailer in Australia (who released the videos) is listing it for $170. Although we no way in endorse or support this. Stay tuned for further updates.

Just like HD Loader, the implications for Sony and the cosnole could be huge. Consider those that rent/borrow games from friends and the like and just copy games onto their hard drive. Although hopeully it does lead to some hope for real homebrew projects, the possibilities with Move could be incredible!

Taken from Maxconsole:
http://www.maxconsole.net/content.p...s-gamers-to-copy-games-directly-to-hard-drive

And some vid's:

Full process:
[youtube]8IDaGne0u-4[/youtube]

and quick dumping to HDD vid:

[youtube]R6DxvQk0oJI[/youtube]

57 Clio Campus Sport
Finally. Now I can play PS3 Exclusives. I'm not going to be downloading 25GB files though. Would rather rent and copy.

SLK 350
Bad news if it's genuine.

I think the reason a lot of publishers have worked on PS3 games and exclusives is because they're guaranteed to be legit sales. Prefer to keep the platform strong than water it down with freeloaders!

To add as i can't edit my original post..

Set to be delivered for around the 27th August at a price of 170 Australian Dollars ~ about £97 in today's exchange. These prices will no doubt fall as the time goes on or untill the knock offs from China start to come out.

182FF with cup packs
You can pretty much bet it's gonna be patched out in their next update.

That's why the PS3 lost the "any OS" feature, as someone used it to be able to execute non-signed code, which is probably where these guys got their ideas from.

Not bad though, the PS3 has been out for how long before it's properly hacked? That's gotta be some sort of record for a mainstream device.

saxo :P
lol i hope this does happen, cba paying these inflated prices on new games atm, there gradually increasing or staying full whack minimum,

gt5 will be purchased tho as that needs to be played online :D