ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

private plates

Burgandy 174 sport t

who all has them???

How much have you fiddled with them to make it look like somethin and have u been pulled much?

3.0ltr V6

I have a private plate which totally changes the car but its not something that needs to be fiddled to make it look like something its not. Think sometimes those ones look silly. My mate has one and he has been stopped loads of times plus when his car goes in for an MOT he has to swap it for the correct spaced one or it fails!

Burgandy 174 sport t

jus wondering if its worth it to buy one, only 250.

see coz you dont get the letter I on plates I wanted to fiddle with another letter

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Iain, be carefull mate....i had M40 VXL on my last car and had the 0 modified to look more like a D, very silly i know :sick:

Ended up in court on a charge of fraudulant use of a registration mark got off it easily enough but really wasnt worth all the hassle....just remember-traffic officers that are having a bad day may take you to court for it!

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

I havnt touched mine yet... i get enough attention looking 12 at the wheel of my car lol!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

My mate has R77 CHR which he made look more like R11CH R but obviously they were still 7s and you could see that.

Last week he got pulled 5 times and has been told he will have his reg taken back off him by the dvla!

I have one, N2 DBF - £250 from DVLA.

Just my initals so I can have it on my next car Clio or not.

Think it depends how much its fiddled with.. Oh and which copper!

Probably get away with spacing one of the letters as not that noticeable.

Mine has caused any bother since changed back (Only one letter moved)

Previously had moved spacing and used fixing to alter one of the letters and got pulled once.

3.0ltr V6

This is what im thinkin of buyin:

L4LN F to look like:

IAIN F

Sorry but I think that looks panties.... :confused:

Clio MK2 172

if any ones interested, my mates Dad is selling his plate, very sweet for you CUP owners. Im not sure how much he wants for it or whats been offered yet but I will find out. The plate is RS03 CUP

Octavia VRS

Ive seen V40 KJB (my initials) for £250 which I like but keeping the reg I have just now as the end is POW (Hence my name on this!)

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Yeh spacing is what me and the bro have done...

His: N8 WMS - "N8WMS"

Mine: N18 WMS - "N18WMS"

I will put the one closer to the N eventually, but not at the mo

Ex Ph-Quick

Had G6LLF on a Golf which I changed by widening the 6 so looked like GOLLF

It was darkened and had GTI ghosted into the back

Got pulled for that and a nice £30 fine

Then got pulled 2 weeks later by the same copper and claimed I had no insurance or a driving licence. Nice to see their database is up to date.

L 2.0 CUP

Had it on for about 4 weeks now. Got air between L and 2, and 2 and 0 - (As above).

Havent been done yet, but havent really seen many cops about yet...

Hoping if i get done they wont be too p*ssed at me as i havent mest with the text.

Yeah, i luv it, real eye catcher, tho some dont know what a cup is ??

Bought N13 LYY a few months back, got it for £250.

Really cant see the appeal in Cup plates and initial plates to be honest.

Got to say since my car crash last month I am dead against modifications to number plates, between getting over the impact and looking up to try and think straight enough to see the plate of the car speeding off in the distance, the last thing it needs is any sort of confusion. Its not something you think about until it happens, but the "what harm can it do" type response that modders gives for pretty much any illegal mod doesnt wash.

On a happier note, I was browsing the DVLA site and was suprised to see "V6 ROX" for just £599, if I was fortunate enough to own a V6 I would have bought it without question. I was suprised it was so cheap.

BMW 320d Sport

Got K30 0ST which is spaced K 30OST, and the 3 very slightly extended so it says K B0OST which I think is pretty appropriate for a turbocharged motor. I tend to think having your own name is a bit naff, unless its a real old plate and you have a short name that is actually properly spelt out.

Gotta say that C110 CUP is wicked though. Theres not a single thing you could get pulled for there, not even the white bolt head.

got D4 MOJ with gap btwn 4 and m reduced. Looks great as my names damon jones and Ive been called damo pretty much all my life

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 02 March 2005

Got K30 0ST which is spaced K 30OST, and the 3 very slightly extended so it says K B0OST which I think is pretty appropriate for a turbocharged motor. I tend to think having your own name is a bit naff, unless its a real old plate and you have a short name that is actually properly spelt out.

Gotta say that C110 CUP is wicked though. Theres not a single thing you could get pulled for there, not even the white bolt head.
The DVLA/Law would say differently...

Number plates must be replaced if they have been customised with:

Stylised letters and/or figures such as italics
Number plate fixing bolts that alter the appearance of the letters and/or numbers

Camel

Got one for my christmas K666 EVY moved the spacing slightly name is Kev Y the 666 is just a bonus think my girlfriend paid £350 for it its the cheapest Kev plate i could get!!

I have J2 ONA.

I dont see the point of getting car-name plates that wont add anything to the resale value. And people fiddling with the letters and spacing deserve to have the plate taken off them, which they will with all the character recognition cameras that are coming in to force.

my mate at work has EV03 FOX with a bolt on in the 3 to say:EV08 FOX and yes he does have a evo8 (at 21) and his last name is fox and the last garage he took it too thought he was the son of the owner of FOX racing. what a life....... lol

[Edited by mudflap boy on 02 March 2005 at 9:13pm]