ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

private plates

Quote: Originally posted by dubster on 02 March 2005

Got one for my christmas K666 EVY moved the spacing slightly name is Kev Y the 666 is just a bonus think my girlfriend paid £350 for it its the cheapest Kev plate i could get!!

im K3VPN.....

£250 DVL(GAY)

Mark 1 Clio V6

Got RS05 MEG for my 05 reg Megane 225.

Not at all illegal and doesnt age the car.

C110 CUP is fantastic though. Want V6 REN when I had the V6, but couldnt find it - I think someone has it.

Someone near me has CL10.

I have been trying to sell R18 CUP for a while now :( thought that someone with a 182 cup would be interested. I stupidly bought it for my 182 with the cup packs thinking that Renault wouldnt release a dedicated cup version! Doh! I have a spacing between the R and the 18 and the small writing at the bottom reads Renaultsport 182 Cup instead of the usual garage name. If id been keeping the plate i would have put on a small sticker of the number 2 after the 8, which would have been easily peelable if the law decided to pull me!

I changed the spacing put the first four characters together and spaced out the last one.

N8 ELU became N8EL U been done 5 times £30 each was not a happy bunny when one a**hole traffic warden gave me three tickets in three days. Didnt even give me chance to get it sorted!
back on original plates at moment cos cant afford anymore tickets for a while. will change them back to the nice ones in a couple of months!!

3.0ltr V6

I do have to agree slightly with ukaskew as I think when people fiddle too much with their plates its not ideal if there is an accident but private plates left alone can be identified clearer and are easier to remember. 2 ways of looking at it.

normally peoples initails do look a bit pants, but as mine are CAT i reckon they are good, yes a do have a CAT plate (not on the car though)

133/225/CLS AMG

Got X666 ALX, although the standard layout still looks cool.

Wanted the letters spaced X 666 ALX but the git in Halrfords wouldnt do it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Mine is A18 TOO on a 182 ;)

I had plates made up for N20 LCW for my old Williams 3. The bolt holes were to go between the 2 and the 0 as to make it look like 2.0 and the plate would read N 2.0L CW (Neils 2.0L Clio Williams)
Didnt go through with the purchase in the end. Both A18 TOO and the latter were £250 from DVLA.
Theres some crazy plates up here in Cumbria, though. Fancy letters and squashed up text. I suppose its up to the discretion of the police whether to pull you or not. If its readable they tend to let you off...sometimes...

Im going to make some new enemies now and say that I personally think the vast majority of re-spaced plates make the owner look like a self important fool. If you can affrd a top plate then fine, but spacing a sh*tty one in the hope that people will say - hey look, that plates been respaced and spells "1 tw*t" makes me laugh frankly.

Not knocking people doing it, whatever makes you happy - just saying I find it funny. Bring on the flames, I stated my opinion clearly and will defened it if I feel the need ;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

I had my plate with a prefix, single number and my initials bought for my birthday in 1991 so it has been on a few cars.