ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Private plates

How long does it take to get sorted? Ive got all the forms etc. and know I have to go to the DVLA office but do they do it there and then?

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

If youve got your retention cetificate all you need to do is take it an you V5 with tax disk to your local DVLA office an they should there an then give you a new tax disk an tell you to put your new plates on! best to go in your car cos ive known them want to inspect the car for road worthyness before now!

Wot plate you got anyway?? Im waitin for my new taxdisk from my dealer at the mo!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Sorry, bit post happy forgot to say..... if youve not got your retention cert. the whole process takes bout 15 workin days till you get the cert. in the post.

My local DVLA office reckoned within 5 days to sort the transfer - went in on the monday and they said id have the plate transferred by the friday. I made the mistake of letting my dealer take over from this point as they reckoned they knew what they were doing, 2 weeks later im still waiting for the paperwork cos they cocked up

Generally tho you look at 7-10 days for it all to go through

Ive got the V750 cert for the plate and just got my reg document for the car today, so if I go to the DVLA office at chelmsford they will do it there and then?

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Should yeah, wheneva ive done it myself thats how its worked!1 I made the same mistake as gazz an thort a dealership would get it done quick im still waitin a week later!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

F*cking Ages!!! Depends whether the plate on another can or on Hold!! Mine took over a month! Bit of a joke really!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

ou need to apply tp keep the plate on retention. Costs bout 125 quid!! but think that includes puttin it on the next car?

mine was quick as you like, bought the plate from dvla, they sent all the relevant paperwork within a week i think, then i just went to my dvla office in reading, they sorted it all there and then, got my plates made and fitted them that very day. couldnt relly fault the service, except for actually finding the dvla office in the first place! lol

Matt

Quote: Originally posted by matt_arundale on 19 November 2003

mine was quick as you like, bought the plate from dvla, they sent all the relevant paperwork within a week i think, then i just went to my dvla office in reading, they sorted it all there and then, got my plates made and fitted them that very day. couldnt relly fault the service, except for actually finding the dvla office in the first place! lol

Matt
I had exactly the same story for my plate and the Oxford DVLA office :D

7.6cc :D

Next time im doing the transfer myself.

When i bought my clio the dealership said theyd do it, but I was still getting tax reminders for my old Puma 6 months later because they hadnt completed the transfer properly :|