ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pro-Line Braided rear lines

Clio 182 FF
hi guys, trying to fit some braided rear lines to the missus' 172 today and what a ball ache, getting the pipes off was no trouble, however, trying to get these proline fittings to go into the flexi couplings is a nightmare, the ends are too long on them so you really struggle to fit them in the small area you have in the clio before they need to bend, ive already cross threaded one of the flexi pipes and i just cannot get the other to sit in because of the lack of space, has anyone experienced similar?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
It's fairly tight like you say, but mine went in fine.

I binned off the metal clips that hold the standard lines to the bracket, so maybe that helped?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
As above fiddly but they go in ok as long as you make sure you are at the right angle. I retained the clips but was very tempted to go without them as above.

I can't remember off the top of my head but will jacking the car higher, possibly removing the bottom bolts from the rear dampers give you anymore room?

What one have you cross threaded? I've got a spare drivers side one due to a fucked caliper thread cross threading the pass side one and I ordered another pair

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
As above fiddly but they go in ok as long as you make sure you are at the right angle. I retained the clips but was very tempted to go without them as above.

I can't remember off the top of my head but will jacking the car higher, possibly removing the bottom bolts from the rear dampers give you anymore room?

What one have you cross threaded? I've got a spare drivers side one due to a fucked caliper thread cross threading the pass side one and I ordered another pair

I tried with the clips on but they wouldn't have been doing anything as they just rattled around.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Another tip is to screw them into the caliper first but don't nip them up tight just yet and then work them towards the lines under the car.

That gets all the kinks out so there's no tension fighting you when trying to screw them in under the car.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I bought new replacement ones from autodoc and they sit nicely as the standard ones had movement in them

Ahh makes sense.

Probably the same as what mine were then.

They're not really going anywhere as they are with the tension of the lines holding themselves in. Could always lash a cable tie round that bracket if needed.