ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

prob with elephant





i posted up a while ago about what hapens if i sell my 16v then buy the fiat coupe, what would happen to the insurance etc.

there is no way that i can keep the clio & buy a coupe (i need the money from the clio basically to spent more on a coupe)
i know about putting the policy on hold etc, but i though i will check elephants policy etc, its due on 10th june


they told me that once i cancel it i will need to send back the paperwork (ok fair enough)
i will get a credit for the remaining policy time - to use aginst the additional cost of the coupe (as its more to insure)
so what happens to my ncd ? (i will have 3 yrs in june) basically i need to insure the new car by the renewal - or i will lose the years ncd !!!

is this normal ?

one thing i have just thought of, i could keep the clio till june - thus guaranteeing 3yrs ncd, then change the policy ?


what do you reckon ?
 


I went travelling last in June last year and got back about a month ago, have now got a 172 and still used my NCB. Was bricking it a bit though as Id put an offer in on the car and then by chance someone at work said they only hold your NCB for you for 6 months now (he was with the AA mind you). I was always under the impression it was 2 years also. Depends on who youre with mate. You could always cancel your policy, get a refund and proof of your NCB and try elsewhere, Im with Highway through Greenlight and they were cheaper then Elephant and accepted my NCB.

Mike.
 


Top