ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Probably just being stupid!

I picked my new car up today and i want to have a look under the bonnet and change the air filter.

Ive pulled the release in the passenger footwell but there wasnt the usual click you expect and the bonnet hasnt moved.

Am i missing something?

No,new as in new to me,it was serviced by the seller this morning and he had the bonnet up infront of me so im not sure how it could have snapped in that time?

Thats the strangest thing Danno!I just went out and tried that before you said it and it worked,then came in to see our advice!

Got the missus to pull the lever and i pushed it down,boom up came the bonnet,turns out it already has a pipercross style filter fitted and the standard air box with a pipercross panel filter inside is in the boot!

So now i have a choice between the two?

I guess itll only take 5 minutes to switch it!Ill give it a go tomorrow,i plan on doing all the little jobs the car needs doing.

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Sounds like you didn't look in the engine bay before you bought it?

"No,new as in new to me,it was serviced by the seller this morning and he had the bonnet up infront of me so im not sure how it could have snapped in that time?"

I'm guessing if the guy already had the bonnet up when he got there then he looked in the engine bay then.......

I looked under the bonnet on the first test drive last week when it had the standard panel filter,i took it to my uncles garage who checked it over for me.Then he had the bonnet up yesterday when i came to pick it up but i didnt have a look,i emailed him last night and he said hed fitted a filter hed bought but never fitted for me and put the airbox in the boot with a pipercross panel in it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I looked under the bonnet on the first test drive last week when it had the standard panel filter,i took it to my uncles garage who checked it over for me.Then he had the bonnet up yesterday when i came to pick it up but i didnt have a look,i emailed him last night and he said hed fitted a filter hed bought but never fitted for me and put the airbox in the boot with a pipercross panel in it.

Sounds a decent guy, most people would sell the new one :)

Yer he was a nice chap,his missus had a baby this week and i think he just wanted rid of everything that was taking up space,doubt he has time now to sell an air filter!

He also said any work that needs doing hell do for the price of the parts and some beer money so cant knock it.

Just been out for a spirited drive in it around some local lanes that just so happened to have been closed for the day.............cough.

Average of 43mph over a couple of miles,doesnt sound alot but it sure felt it,MPG down to 28 though!