ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Probelm with Car :(

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy

I noticed today that my brake lights only light up if I apply more pressure than normal. I have only had my car about 3 months (from brand new, 54 plate), so will this problem be covered in the warranty? & do ya think I am eledgible for a courtesy car from Reg Vardy?

You should get a cortesy car if Renault cannot fix the problem within 24hrs or something like that (check the book) but thats only the offical words Ive always had courtesy cars though however long it takes to fix.

It should be covered under warently.

Just rang RegVardy & I have got an appiontment for 24/01/2005 but they have said I cant have a courtesy cuss I am under 25 & havent been driving for more than 2 years.

Burgandy 174 sport t

thats alot of sh*t make them hire one for you

and get onto renault uk in the showroom if they still say no!!!!

Cheers who do I ring? is it Renualt Customer Serivces? & whats there phone number?

Its all sorted...

Just rang Renualt Customer Services and they said I could have a coutesy for 2 days with a company called "Enterprise" (in Sheffield). Also just rang my insurance company (Frizzel) to to check that I am covered & I am...

No doubt Ill end up with a 1litre Micra lol ;)...

Burgandy 174 sport t

dont settle for a 1.0 micra

tell them u want like for like, they tried that with me when I had the dynamique, ended up with a turbo diesel sxi corsa, not the best but still had leccy windows n sh*t

Clio 1.4, SV650S

my mate works for enterprise, iirc youll get a corsa or something,

its really down to the discretion of the person who hires you the car, so if you go in friendly and dont come accross as someone wholl f**k their cars up you might get soemthing nice...

e.g. a bloke went in and asked what the fastest car he could hire was, and on that basis they refused to give him a car :devilish:... common sense really! whos gonna hire a powerful car to someone who wants to go fast!

will also depend on what cars they have free for example if you go to hire a corsa but they havent got any, only have 1.8 astras or soemthing then theyll give it to you for the same price as the corsa because its better having the car out working than sitting on the forecourt.

enterprise should be good for customer service etc, they take car dealerships and body shops bags of doughnuts every week so that they remember the nice people from enterprise and use them to hire cars, theres quite a lot to iit...

lol ramble, ramble ramble

[Edited by entjm on 18 January 2005 at 3:19pm]

hey the1, i have the same tthing on my car. Its totally normal. When at a standstill, if u press down a bit it wont light up, when u press down a slight touch more the brakes will light up.
But, curisin at 40mph it should light up as soon as u press it very slightly.

as for the courtesy car, i asked for one when my renault was bein serviced they said yes, but there was a 4 week waiting list!!! they should have said yes to you as soon as u asked. I asked renault west london (A40) for my courtesy car

Forget to tell you the bloke (from RegVardy) said I had to pay £5 a day for the curtesy car from Enterprise, Is this true? Do you really have to pay for Courtesy Cars?.

I have never known anybody ever pay for the courtesy cars before...

BMW E46 330i Touring

Hardly a courtesy car if youre paying for it, is it!?! The more I hear about Reno dealers, the worse it gets!

Quote: Originally posted by the1 on 18 January 2005

Forget to tell you the bloke (from RegVardy) said I had to pay £5 a day for the curtesy car from Enterprise, Is this true? Do you really have to pay for Courtesy Cars?.
Nope so long as the problem takes more than 24hrs to fix they give you a car and insure it.

They can have problems with under 21yr olds and I usualy insured it with my own insurance company when I was under 21 for free whever I need one. However it is an oblication of the Renault 3 yr warently check your service book for details.