ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem after belts changed

clio 182
Hey folks I need your advice and opinions...just had the dephaser and belts changed on the 182 at a local Renault dealer costing near 700 quid,have the car back a week and there's a loud whining on idle which increases up to 3k revs and goes away,this wasn't happening before the car went in and now the stop and battery light is flickering on the dash...is there a possibility they missed something while the car was getting the belts done?? Just want to bring the car back to them in the morning armed with a bit of info....thanks in advance guys!!

Clio 182
The timing belt tensioners like to over tighten on occasions when new.
But that's going to be aux side of the light is on.
Are both connections plugged into the alternator?

clio 182
Thanks lads! I'll have a look to see if there's anything amiss round the alternator,rang them and they seemed understanding,I'll let yas know how I get on tomorrow when they have a look themselves...

clio 182
Yes folks it was the alternator that decided to burn itself out! looks like I have a lovely new bill for 300 quid! lol thanks for the help guys!