ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem after problem..!

*Sigh* Where do i start... Help me where/ if you can, would be much appreciated!!

1- I have a rust spot on the driver side door - how do i remove rust?

2- My fog light indicater comes on the dash when i indicate, engage reverse gear or brake... - Ive heard this is an easy fix by checking bulbs or earthing cable? I'm goning to check this out when i can, when the weather is a bit more forgiving!

3- The suspension has started squeaking - more notably, this started on a really hot day last week... am i right in thinking this could be my ball joint or bushings?

4- My windscreen scooshers are clogged - How do i clean them out properly?

5- Car is rocking side to side when at low speed/ clutching - So... this is the most annoying one because i know it'll be costly to fix ¬.¬ on tuesday just passed i noticed when i was clutching the car in 2nd down a busy road (rush hour traffic) my car was rocking side to side, yet when i disengage the clutch it stops, same again if i accelerate..? Now... could this be a really bad clutch that need replaced? Transmission mounts loose? It may be worth letting you know that the car had an advisory from the last MOT (Offside front track rod end ball joint has slight play (2.2.b.1f))

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
1 = swap for a good door with no ru3st
2= clean earths in the boot behind the plastic
3= change top mounts
4= are pumps working? Remove pipe work blow it threw
5= sounds like a mount check gearbox mount and dog bone mount

These are all easy fix's

1 = swap for a good door with no ru3st
2= clean earths in the boot behind the plastic
3= change top mounts
4= are pumps working? Remove pipe work blow it threw
5= sounds like a mount check gearbox mount and dog bone mount

These are all easy fix's

1 - Door can stay on then in that case... I'm only keeping the car for about a year (if that)

2 - Im getting there with this fix when I get the chance to

3 - As in where it's bolted to the chassis? (under the bonnet)

4 - Pump is working, just takes time for the water to filter through the dirt and my rear one is not working at all?

5 - I'll check that asap!

Cheers buddy! I'm trying not to spend money as much as possible on this thing, especially since I don't plan to keep it long term!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Yeah all simple niggles. Id change the door, help resale too. There will be someone breaking and a door wont be expensive!

Yeah all simple niggles. Id change the door, help resale too. There will be someone breaking and a door wont be expensive!
It's the haste of finding a car the same colour though around my area haha, every other Clio is black, green or silver! Mine is blue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 65

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
1 - Door can stay on then in that case... I'm only keeping the car for about a year (if that)

4 - Pump is working, just takes time for the water to filter through the dirt and my rear one is not working at all?

Cheers buddy! I'm trying not to spend money as much as possible on this thing, especially since I don't plan to keep it long term!
3= top mounts on the suspension shocks mate

chris carenduff

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 clio 197
Check the terminals on your rear light connector wiring loom side and bulb holder too! Had this very issue during the week £10 for rear bulb holders from breakers sorted the fog light/ bad earth issue.

RB Clio 182

It sounds like you dont like or want the car, so why not sell it now rather than get stressed about it?