ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problem: removing headunit ..??

I just bought a new headunit for my 172, can anyone tell me how to remove the original cd player? what tools should I use? please ....

Golf GTI 1.8T
cut a coat hanger into 4 peices about 5 inches long and push them all in at the same time, works a damn treat!!

Tesla MP3 2021
yeah you need a tool of some sort like that to fit into the 4 holes at the same time to release the headunit,,,,

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
you need a tool its kinda shaped like a u but wuth a point at the bottom....think you can pick them up from halfrauds or maplins for a couple of quid...or if u ask nicely at halfrauds they will prob release it for you so u can install the new hu

Finally, my new headunit (KENWOOD) is fixed, but a subwoofer (VIBE) still need to be installed .. but where can I find a hole so that I can get the wires through from battery to the inside of the car?? can anyone help ....