ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem(s) Diagnosis

Black 172
Hi All,

Looking from some assistance from anyone more in the know than me - i've done some research and got some suspicions but wanted to get another point of view.

For the last few months and very occasionally my Clio has failed to start first time - usually when warm - it turns over, all lights function as expected, it just doesnt fire up. A couple of attempts and it will start - sometimes 2/3 sometimes 15 attempts. The only investigation I have done is to plug in a cheap ODB reader and read codes via. torque android which threw P0110 - air intake temperature sensor. I cleared the fault but it has not reoccured since - the starting issue remains.

More recently and again randomly whilst driving the idle and drive starts to become lumpy. When stopped you can feel the car shake, and when driving at constant throttle you can feel a lumpy drive and there is a burning smell. Yesterday waiting in traffic the car completely cut out, leaving just the battery light illuminated. This is the second time this has happened, both times whilst in slow moving traffic. Afterwards the starting issue occurs, and the trip computer on the dash is reset, but once restarted drives fine.

Only other relevant thing I can think of is that the car normally struggles with MOT emissions - other than that is regularly serviced (more often than the 12k recommendation).

Thanks in advance,

Brad

182 BG
Hot start issue is commonly to do with TDC sensor.. or rather the wiring on the sensor connector... Renault released a new design sensor with a over engineering new plug and the new plug wiring harness - you chop the old one off and wire the new one on..

I had the same hot start issue as you, and sometimes judder when in traffic, new TDC sensor and its all solved..

These cars do idle lumpy though