ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem Valver Electric Sunroof

Nicish day today so i though id open my sunroof. AAH wouldnt open!!!!!!

Tried everything still wont budge.

Is this a common problem with the electric sunroof on the valvers & has anyone got any advice on how i fix it or if i cant how much it will cost to get it fixed

Does your sunroof leak?? If so then there is probably some water in the motor so it might have packed up.

You can open it manually, if you take off the plastic thingy (technical word) where the sunroof switch is housed then you will be ably to see the motor and on the bottom of that is a hole for an allen key. Find the right size and some superhuman strength and you can open the sunroof by turning the allen key. This might free it up as it might just be stiff/stuck.

Oh and try drying the switch out if the sunroof leaks as if could also be this.

Hope it helps, Phil

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

have you checked the fuses first?

check for a feed at the switch.

check for a feed at the motor whilst you operate the switch.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

most sunroof faults turn out to be the motor but you need to check the motor recieves its feed before changing it.the motor also needs a good earth.